Join for free
Page 171 of 370 « First < 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:31 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I would like to report back that I done my 10k walk yesterday , in the mid day sun - it was 28oC - in 1hr and 20 mins, which whilst will never break any speed records, Im really proud of esp in that heat

I raised £200 for the charity

Front of my thighs are a bit tight today and I did have a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday evening ( the walk then getting ready for a party, then cooking on the BBQ took its toll) but an hours lie down and lots of fluids had me back on my feet quickly enough

I think now I know I can easily manage 10k at a good pace, I will start doing it more regularly. I did rather enjoy it as we walked through some very pretty roads
hey well done Missy. I'm tired just thinking about that distance. Good on ya girl xxx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:58 AM

The trouble with some runners is; They get this thought in their head, and it just won't go away......
After Fridays run I decided it was time to make Sunday's run my longest of the week - Like it always has been, and should be....It's what Sundays are for.....

Fortunately, the piriformis has been quiet for the last couple of days, so not only was I going to run my six mile route out into the country, there would be none of this eating an apple under the pretence of 'Warming up'!... So at six thirty under a cloudless sky and rising temperatures I took my first cautious steps into the unknown.....

I hit the ground running, and although I felt some stiffness in the early stages, by the time I left the village I was moving fairly pain free. Out along an almost deserted country road, except for a walker I spotted in the distance. I had soon run him down, and as I approached I could see from the shape of his calves that he was no stranger to travelling by foot. I threw out a cheery 'Good Morning' as I eased past, and got one back. I then realised he was jogging just behind. My first proper run out was not the time to set myself a challenge, so I continued at a slow relentless pace without glancing back - Always a red rag to a bull, or a gauntlet thrust into ones face.....

His footsteps grew fainter, and as I turned a corner I managed a quick appraisal of his progress, and was surprised to find he had long since given up the chase. Foxy 1....Random walker nil! By this time my mind had successfully completed a toolbox full of jobs and associated problems, and I suddenly realised that for the last four miles I had not thought about my troublesome piriformis once, probably because it hadn't been troublesome....

I arrived home barely breaking a sweat, what a truly satisfying run, and definitely a fantastic result for my first proper six mile run......
And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better than this, Mrs Fox suggested that we go out for Sunday Lunch......Whhhaaaaaaaa!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:03 AM

Well done Bob, glad you're getting back to your 'old' self again ..... enjoy your lunch!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oooops forgot to add the link for SM

here it is anyway
Just one bloke doing the exercises with all those women Lion Queen? He does look 'Handy' though.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-07-2018, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Well done Bob, glad you're getting back to your 'old' self again ..... enjoy your lunch!
Cheers Mags....
It's the first time in almost five months that I've felt like I'm making real progress......I felt like me old self.....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Cheers Mags....
It's the first time in almost five months that I've felt like I'm making real progress......I felt like me old self.....
Brilliant!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I would like to report back that I done my 10k walk yesterday , in the mid day sun - it was 28oC - in 1hr and 20 mins, which whilst will never break any speed records, Im really proud of esp in that heat

I raised £200 for the charity

Front of my thighs are a bit tight today and I did have a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday evening ( the walk then getting ready for a party, then cooking on the BBQ took its toll) but an hours lie down and lots of fluids had me back on my feet quickly enough

I think now I know I can easily manage 10k at a good pace, I will start doing it more regularly. I did rather enjoy it as we walked through some very pretty roads
Amazing Missy!
Round of applause!

Whatever you're on I need some!
This heat's wiped me out
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 03:05 PM

:Hahahaha, that was a funny photo, Floydy. I don’t think I want to tangle with a gator like that, and am sure a long way (thankfully) from that physique. Outrunning them is a much better Idea, and thought my toe still has me mostly sidelined I’ve been able to dodge a few of Lefty the Alligator’s babies that are now about two feet long. I know you must have enjoyed that workout the other day without having to look at the clock. You really have shown that high rep sets and working to failure can keep one muscular and in control of extra weight without running around the countryside like some of us are inclined to do. The secret to fitness really is about doing what you enjoy, not forcing yourself into activities that really aren’t fun. Doing what you love creates a lifestyle rather than a series of dreaded appointments.

Missy, I am just over the moon to hear that you completed the 10k! So proud of you! I remember when you first started preparing for this event, so I know you must feel really satisfied, and that you’ll be adding longer walks to your routine. That’s my favorite running distance. Well done!

Haha, thanks for the link LQ. Nothing wrong with the older workouts. I am doing a modified version of a step aerobics program I started in 1990. Whatever works, right!

OGF, I couldn’t be happier to hear that your piriformis has wandered off on some holiday. Let’s just hope that it’s a permanent relocations. You have me soooooooo jealous about running six, but in the best of ways because I am thrilled not only about your six but that you are outrunning all the walkers in your neighborhood. Even better, you inspired him into a little running. It’s contagious. Things are looking up your way and in five or six weeks (no, I won’t mention why ) will be much improved all the way around.

Alright, enough of this little love fest . I am off to grab this Monday by the ears and get rid of a lengthy To Do list.

Happy moving!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 11:40 PM

Thankyou everyone

I admit that I was very stiff yesterday and today - stairs were not my friend

But when my neighbour called tonight and said fancy a walk down the lane I was straight into my trainers and the two mile planned walk turned into a five mile one

Much slower then Saturdays as we were just strolling and chatting and laughing and just enjoying the coolness of the evening after the heat of the day

Fingers crossed my stiffness will have been helped

OGF, I really enjoyed reading of your run. Im a long way off from running or even jogging but reading your account there reminded me of much younger days when I could easily run 5 miles and enjoy it
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:49 PM

Missy, what a nice time you must have had, and right back into the saddle for you! You must feel really accomplished.

I am doing something very out of the ordinary today, heading to a strange and different place for me, but a treasured and often-visited place by Floydy known as "the gym". What I expect to look like to the regulars (I really do like this lady):

Page 171 of 370 « First < 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top