Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 02:44 PM

Re: Teachers working long hours

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Blunt and stupid but it was expected...my reply about my granddaughter was in response to yours which basically stated that teachers have an easy job.
Teachers would have easy and rewarding jobs were it not for the excretia placed upon them by those who have no real idea of what they're talking about, or those who do know but decided to jump ship and avoid as much contact with children as possible.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Teachers would have easy and rewarding jobs were it not for the excretia placed upon them by those who have no real idea of what they're talking about, or those who do know but decided to jump ship and avoid as much contact with children as possible.
So true, my granddaughter loves her job, 3 years at Uni whilst holding down 2 part time jobs to pay her way, but hey it’s dead easy bags of holidays, and tons of money
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 02:57 PM

Just a quickie on this, my granddaughter is a teacher in a primary school, she leaves home at 7 am and generally home at about 7. 30 pm. Whereupon she carry’s our admin tasks like writing reports marking papers etc for approx two hours..prior to this term she, during the holiday her sister, father and mother returned to the school in order to give it a thorough clean...cleaning staff only do basics, the classroom is damp, no money available for a repair....add to that having disabled, physically and mentally in the class and parents, you can’t understand what a teacher does until you have walked a mile in their shoes
Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
We cannot understand anyone else until having done that, we are all similar but so very, very different in all ways.
Indeed .....

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
So change her job. That simple.
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Blunt but practical advice.
Blunt and stupid but it was expected...my reply about my granddaughter was in response to yours which basically stated that teachers have an easy job.
Indeed again .....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed .....

Indeed again .....

Cheers, it’s good to know that some posters have time for the people who have to educate the children of idiots
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Cheers, it’s good to know that some posters have time for the people who have to educate the children of idiots
As a retired teacher I find it best to ignore the comments of those whose only experience of being in a school is either as a child or a parent. Some comments just simply show up the ignorance of those who make the comments. Well done to your daughter, I hope that she has many more years of teaching ahead of her, it is such a worthwhile profession. I have never regretted the years that I spent teaching despite the difficulties presented by a growing minority of disruptive pupils (and their parents).
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 03:18 PM

Teaching children nowadays, IMO, is harder than ever just because so many parents are idiots .....
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

09-10-2019, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Teaching children nowadays, IMO, is harder than ever just because so many parents are idiots .....
That gets my vote
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

09-10-2019, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
As a retired teacher I find it best to ignore the comments of those whose only experience of being in a school is either as a child or a parent. Some comments just simply show up the ignorance of those who make the comments. Well done to your daughter, I hope that she has many more years of teaching ahead of her, it is such a worthwhile profession. I have never regretted the years that I spent teaching despite the difficulties presented by a growing minority of disruptive pupils (and their parents).
Some of the demands by parents are really unbelievable, but you already know that
Thanks for your support.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 04:05 PM

I'm talking about holidays. I never said it was an easy job. And yes, I do know how difficult teaching is as my sister was a teacher for a number of years.

They get a lot of holidays to compensate for it though.
What about NHS nurses involved in trauma cases, or firefighters who see burned and charred victims in their work or social workers who see horrendous cases of child abuse.
Do they get more than double the amount of annual leave than most other working people? No they don't.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

09-10-2019, 04:19 PM

We are discussing YOUR post about the easy times our teachers have.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top