Join for free
Page 32 of 52 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 12:45 PM

Re: China Must get It's Come-uppance?

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It won't concern me Bruce, because I won't be having no vaccine.....
REALLY?

Why on earth not?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
According to the news this evening the Chinese tests have a problem because the cases of Covid19 in China are few and far between which makes it very hard to test the effectiveness of the vaccine. They are having to go overseas for suitable environments.
From your quoted link:-

"But the early head start belies a troubled history for vaccine makers in China.

Two years ago, a major scandal erupted when more than 200,000 children were given a faulty diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough vaccine.

The same manufacturer, Changchun Changsheng biotech, was also punished for falsifying production and inspection records for a rabies vaccine.

One of the research institutes now involved in the COVID-19 clinical trials, the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products, was punished for production misconduct for a DPT vaccine in 2016.

As a result, children in two provinces had to be reinoculated."

I do hope that they stay well away from here!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 01:11 PM

In my opinion China were very reluctant to let the world know about their cases of Covid19 and there can only be 2 reasons for them doing so:-

1) They were responsible for the virus, either knowingly or by accident.

2) They did not want to let anybody know their people had the infection, for fear of losing business that would boost their economy.

Either way, they are not a country I would trust or choose to do business with.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
In my opinion China were very reluctant to let the world know about their cases of Covid19 and there can only be 2 reasons for them doing so:-

1) They were responsible for the virus, either knowingly or by accident.

2) They did not want to let anybody know their people had the infection, for fear of losing business that would boost their economy.

Either way, they are not a country I would trust or choose to do business with.

There's an old Russian saying that is applicable world wide.

A rouble remembers not whose hand held it last.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2020, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
REALLY?

Why on earth not?
Because I have no confidence in the medical profession to put my interests above those of profit Todger. I'm not blaming the doctors and nurses who put their own lives on the line to do their job. They are only following orders and working to the book.
Just like a policeman who only enforces the law, he doesn't make the law.

I've seen first hand what harm inappropriate and unnecessary medication can do, and I believe that the results from a hastily prepared vaccine might be worse than the virus. If after five years it has proved to be effective with no side effects, I might consider it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 09:35 AM

"WHO has now agreed to face enquiry"

The DT says, today, that the WHO has backed calls for an independent enquiry into it's handling of the pandemic as China has pledged 2 billion dollars for efforts to contain the virus in developing countries and the US has accused the body of presiding over a costly failure.

Jinping says he will back a "comprehensive review"of the pandemic.

Whilst one or two of us might worry about the "independent" bit, and the willingness to "enquire", it might be a start.

The proposal was tabled by the US and Australia - (not the UK!).

Do we trust them?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 10:19 AM

Here is the letter sent to the WHO from Donald Trump

I like it ...

https://order-order.com/2020/05/19/r...-organisation/
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 11:49 AM

Good for Donald

It has been apparent for some time that both the UN and the WHO are at best ineffective & incompetent, and at worst corrupt
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

19-05-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Here is the letter sent to the WHO from Donald Trump

I like it ...

https://order-order.com/2020/05/19/r...-organisation/
Excellent post Bread.

All those spitting at Trump might like to reflect that he is making the right moves when lives are at stake.

Shame Boris hasn't come out in full support.

And how about the EU....?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2020, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Excellent post Bread.

All those spitting at Trump might like to reflect that he is making the right moves when lives are at stake.

Shame Boris hasn't come out in full support.

And how about the EU....?

EU, UK, India, Japan, Russia, USA, Australia etc are all behind having an investigation.

I suspect the UK will join in later with more support once we are on top of the virus here in the UK. Raab said a few weeks ago that the CCP and the WHO has questions that need answering over this (or words to that effect).

Page 32 of 52 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top