Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Re: More Brexit Doom and Gloom

Originally Posted by Bread ->
No it isn't its part of your superior rulers manifesto and 2020-2027 defence policy.
Some of your posts on this and every time you change your position. Try to make up your mind for once. Didn't your father teach you to be steadfast? https://www.over50sforum.com/search....=4350664&pp=25
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Some of your posts on this and every time you change your position. Try to make up your mind for once. Didn't your father teach you to be steadfast? https://www.over50sforum.com/search....=4350664&pp=25

Totally consistent. Which bit is it you have a problem with ?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Totally consistent. Which bit is it you have a problem with ?
The discrepancy between your statements and the EU's.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:37 PM

The discrepancy between your statements and the EU's.

Which ones?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 03:40 PM

If you can't give Bread a definitive answer regarding the EU's proposed army, Solly. Perhaps you'll be gracious enough to give me an answer. What is the status of the EU regarding forming its own armed forces, please?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-05-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
If you can't give Bread a definitive answer regarding the EU's proposed army, Solly. Perhaps you'll be gracious enough to give me an answer. What is the status of the EU regarding forming its own armed forces, please?
While there is no EU army and defence remains exclusively a matter for member states, the EU has recently taken big steps to boost defence cooperation.
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/...-boost-defence
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2020, 04:08 PM

Thank you, Solly, you're reply is exactly what I thought I would receive. Pro-EU bull excrement. I've just read your offering VERY carefully and all I can say is I'm a tad confused.

The EU Commission says there will not be an EU army and expects member states to look after their own defence. Right?

Then how come, a later in the article does it go on to say that the member states armed forces will be Quote: "A common EU defence policy is provided for by the Treaty of Lisbon (Article 42(2) TEU). However, the treaty also clearly states the importance of national defence policy, including Nato membership or neutrality."EoQ.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

17-05-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thank you, Solly, you're reply is exactly what I thought I would receive. Pro-EU bull excrement. I've just read your offering VERY carefully and all I can say is I'm a tad confused.

The EU Commission says there will not be an EU army and expects member states to look after their own defence. Right?

Then how come, a later in the article does it go on to say that the member states armed forces will be Quote: "A common EU defence policy is provided for by the Treaty of Lisbon (Article 42(2) TEU). However, the treaty also clearly states the importance of national defence policy, including Nato membership or neutrality."EoQ.
Don't you know the difference between a common policy and a common army? Need some explanation?

It's quite normal to have a common policy, i.e. the same goals, but each one being responsible for its own part.
Percy Vere

17-05-2020, 04:27 PM

Don't you know the difference between a common policy and a common army? Need some explanation?

It's quite normal to have a common policy, i.e. the same goals, but each one being responsible for its own part.
No thanks. I'm totally fed up with you twisting almost everything we offer in our debates with you that I refuse to engage with you from this moment on.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

17-05-2020, 04:36 PM

He's right Solasch. If you look at it from a political perspective its the same thing. The army is a result of that defence policy, the policy coming first then then the army itself.

Its what's happening now in the EU.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top