Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 12:03 AM

Stealing plants

In our local town there has been an outbreak of plant stealing .
People put plants ( in nice and expensive containers ) on their front gardens - usually open plan and accessible .

Mr M believes that this will get worse as more people lose their jobs and times get harder .

Me I ‘m afraid I believe it’s just more organised crime by the usual suspects.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 06:59 AM

Re: Stealing plants

Same around here too Muddy the police say they end up in car boot sales.

Biggest theft problem around me though is Land Rover Defenders not sure why they are targeted but in the last week two of my neighbours had theirs taken. My neighbour next door has one I keep expecting that to go too....its weird to think folks are creeping around looking whilst we sleep.....all the thefts were at night.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 08:39 AM

Land Rover Defenders are great status symbols and very sellable.
Sure as eggs they have recced the place before they steal at night .
That why you have to be aware of any chalk marks or tags on you property .
This includes dog stealing which ( due to the ridiculous price of dogs ) is now rife .
The stolen vehicles will never be seen again being who sped away to another part of the country or dismantled and resprayed .
Parts will be found in some travellers encampment .
It’s what they do and they do it well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 08:53 AM

This has been going on a long time pre C19 hanging baskets being a prime target also garden furniture.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2020, 09:09 AM

That’s why I don’t think it’s caused by hardship.
It’s just another example of organised crime .
They will be taken to another part of the country and sold in a car boot or some other way .
The police are not interested
100% profit -it’s a win win situation,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Same around here too Muddy the police say they end up in car boot sales.

Biggest theft problem around me though is Land Rover Defenders not sure why they are targeted but in the last week two of my neighbours had theirs taken. My neighbour next door has one I keep expecting that to go too....its weird to think folks are creeping around looking whilst we sleep.....all the thefts were at night.
It's quite normal here to look out of the window at 4 in the morning and see people wandering about. Most are just drunk and can't find their way home but I guess some are up to no good.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2020, 09:25 AM

Goodness where do you live ?
I would be seriously worried if I saw someone wandering about at 4:00am

If they are drunk they won’t be stealing plants .( drunk at 4.00am ?)
People who do this need a van to take them away .

Clearly there is a parallel universe out there .
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 09:33 AM

What annoys me is the vandalism by people passing my house in daylight. My Hibiscus bush has been in flower by the garden wall for the last couple of months and the number of people passing who have ripped off a branch is amazing. If they wanted a cutting that much I would have used my secateurs to snip one off cleanly for them if they had asked.
I hate seeing ripped branches. 😠
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:00 AM

All this is the first I've heard of it.
I must ask around and see if it is happening here as well.

Mags, what a ruddy cheek people have got, tearing lumps off your Hibiscus.
I've heard of people do the same at garden centres too.

I guess some people will take anything that isn't nailed down.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2020, 10:29 AM

It's a sad fact that a lot of the things we do to spruce the place up just means profit for somebody on the rob.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top