Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 11:46 AM

Re: beaks

Realspeed, what is the bird in the first photo? I love birds of prey but I think I may be a bit scared of that one!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 12:28 PM

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:02 PM

They've got blood on their beaks

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:03 PM

Some beautiful birds in this thread.
The only slight little moan is, I do wish people would name the bird in each photo so we learn, instead of just looking and don't know what it is. Sorry.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The only slight little moan is, I do wish people would name the bird in each photo so we learn, instead of just looking and don't know what it is. Sorry.
I'm keeping it easy for you ... gull eats pigeon, crow eats pigeon, both take in Ken Gardens, also gulls threatens goose. It's a jungle out there.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:14 PM

can't help sorry some taken years ago and not always in this country
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I'm keeping it easy for you ... gull eats pigeon, crow eats pigeon, both take in Ken Gardens, also gulls threatens goose. It's a jungle out there.

Yes dOOd. Thank you.
It's only because I am interested in the subject, more than the photographic skills I suppose. If I had no interest, it wouldn't matter.

I always remember dear old Nom who was very knowledgeable about all sorts of birds, and he always used to say what he was photographing. I think Gasman does as well, when he contributes.
Perhaps it is because some people are interested in angles and shots and lighting etc, and some are more interested in the species itself, like Nom was a 'bird man.' do you think?

Sorry if I sound difficult, it was only a suggestion.
I would just love to know what some of these striking looking birds are, that's all.

I have noticed many put interesting photo's up of impressive buildings etc, but never say what they are, or even what country they were in.
I'd best pipe down.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2020, 01:29 PM

I agree Mups, if you’re interested in a subject it should be no hardship to know the names.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-10-2020, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I agree Mups, if you’re interested in a subject it should be no hardship to know the names.

Ooh Mags, I am so glad it's not just me.

For example, this was a beautiful one of Nom's, and he said:

" Last week saw the first sightings of Autumn of Bohemian Waxwings, Just a trickle, but every few years there is an irruption, can be in the thousands."

So if was always informative and not just a nice photo of an unknown bird.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-10-2020, 01:46 PM

Oh well would make a good gessing game and a little research I suppose

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top