Join for free
Page 84 of 164 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:07 PM

Re: Covid-19 Vaccinations

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Would white British be classed as 'Ethnic Minorities' in other countries...?
I suspect that we would, if we are in the minority.

How we are regarded by others, however, must depend upon the countries involved.

I can imagine that some of them, not wishing to name any specific country of course (other than one which lies about 20 miles from our shores at the closest point), are likely to despise us primarily because of feelings of jealousy and inferiority.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:12 PM

I thought some of you might want to check this out with your insurance companies......

Oh, I think I'd like to know more about 'clif@clif_high' before I take any notice of what he has to say.

I see he's on Twitter, which doesn't exactly instil any enthusiasm!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 02:25 PM

I thought some of you might want to check this out with your insurance companies......

I would sooner have the vaccination than be threatened by some Insurance Company.
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Having finally had a letter from the NHS,about a covid jab,my first jab!

Acknowledging, that i should have been contacted ages,ago,due to underlying health issues, but was not contacted! Either by email,text or phone(apparently)?

Offering me a jab,in a Town, I've never even been to before,20 miles away! At a small chemist's shop!
Even though my nearest vaccination centre is 3 miles away!
Next is 4 miles away, and next is 6 miles away! Furtherest offered was 80 miles away!

Only found out I'd apparently been contacted, when i went to fetch my tablets from the doctors!

A phone call from an unknown phone number, i don't answer unknown phone numbers!

Even the NHS says,dont answer, might be a scam about vaccinations!

I have my doctor's surgery phone numbers, and all NHS phone numbers in my phone,but,obviously, whatever number they tried to contact me on,was not those!

Anyone else having that problem ?

I could have had my first jab last Saturday! But i dont answer unknown phone numbers!

People i know,younger,and no underlying problems, got jab,but obviously, mistakes being made about contact? Not everyone trusts answering unknown phone numbers!

I spoke to someone at the doctor's yesterday, a patient, already had their first jab,but had to rely on a neighbour to take them 20 miles to get it,as they dont drive!

My siblings,had jab,at vaccination centre 3 miles,away!

So why am i being sent 20 plus miles away?

Government trying to balance out the vaccine jabs so their charts look good in different area's?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:41 PM

You don’t have to accept the invitation . It’s disgraceful expecting people to make their way to somewhere they don’t know .
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:48 PM

Actually got to speak to a real life Human, on Friday!

Doctor had requested an appointment for me at a "long covid clinic "! Nearest 14 miles!

I had covid last year! Still suffering!

Appointments at a long covid centre...first time i tried, appointment 37 weeks, next time trying, 39 weeks, now,..not available !

Was told to try again in,............2022!

But according to the government, they are helping thousands of long covid sufferers! Yeah right!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:57 PM

We were supposed to be having our second jab this Friday ( 12th) but apparently, they can’t get any with no idea when they’ll get more....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 06:59 PM

Oh heavens Primus! Try not to worry about it....you are pretty much protected as it is, just keep yourself safe and sanitised. You'll get it soon, I'm soon....its just a blip.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:04 PM

Gaz I also got a letter from the NHS asking me where I would like to get my jab with a choice of 3 places. One was a pharmacy about 5 miles away so I spoke to my doctors surgery who told me to get the jab as soon as possible & it would be likely that if I waited for their invitation it could take longer.
I went to the pharmacy and have to say they were very efficient, caring and explained everything. I also managed to book my second jab at the same place on 27th April.
The sooner you get the jab , the sooner you are protected, so if you can drive or get a lift it is well worth the journey!
I am diabetic, so got mine on 5th Feb owing to health reasons & I would have been happy to travel 20 miles to get it.
If you are unable to travel then speak to your GP's surgery to find out what alternatives are available.
Don't forget, everybody wants this jab, so places where you can get it may be limited. If you cant get there & have nobody to take you it may cause a delay, but I am sure you will get one eventually!

Did you go online to book your appointment?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2021, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh heavens Primus! Try not to worry about it....you are pretty much protected as it is, just keep yourself safe and sanitised. You'll get it soon, I'm soon....its just a blip.
Thanks pixie, thing is it’s the entire care home residents and staff

Page 84 of 164 « First < 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top