Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 09:52 AM

the best time of my life

Now a year retired , it was a worry to actually find the courage to finish full time work . I was scared of lack of money , scared to know what the future held not working . Never not worked , it was my way of life.

It is the best time for me , yes I loved being a mum , loved being young , but it had a lot of dark times , and I made many mistakes .

It's been a bumpy road , but I feel so free now , I get my state pension each week , I do a bit of part time work which helps financially . I have good friends now (having let the not so good go ) I have a lovely little home , it's my sanctuary . I have my little family who visit now and then . I have a 6 year old reliable car . I'm healthy and still feel great for my age .

I live one day at a time , tomorrow isnt here , so I don't think of it . I've got through a lot in life alone over the last 11 years and know I'll get through whatever comes in some way .

How lucky am I .

Feeling blessed
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 09:56 AM

Re: the best time of my life

Bless you, Susan. I suspect you have seen a lot more of life than you are admitting.

One step at a time, that's the secret. There are so many adventures ahead of you, so many nice people to meet. Never be afraid of what is around the corner.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 10:04 AM

I agree Sue I feel like I have walked through a lifetime of violent storms which tried to break my spirit.

They didn't succeed and I have emerged into the sunlight and found peace. This may be short lived so I appreciate every moment of the time I have now....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 11:04 AM

Much like Meg I too have come into the sunlight and found peace after coming through hell and high water and almost going under a few times in My Younger Adult Life..but I'm here alone,peaceful,happy,and content with My lot...Mind You My big Brother (78) keeps telling Me I have a lot of damage to do yet...Jayzus!...I hope not ;~)
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 01:43 PM

It's lovely that you have found contentment Susan and that you're enjoying being retired ....
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 07:38 PM

Ahh such lovely people , we all seem to have been on the same train journey . Love hearing your life stories x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2015, 11:17 PM

No doubt we would all have some tales to tell susan, its called 'experience'. It is one thing that comes with age, that the youngsters don't have yet.

I am glad you are happy, content and healthy and I hope it lasts for many years yet.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2015, 10:19 AM

In the office canteen at the firm where I worked, each day they would serve up an urn of a meaty soup. It would be very good quality, but there was a snag - all of the meat laid on the bottom of the urn.
Every day, without fail, a chap called Paul would be at the front of the queue waiting for the shutters to go up. He would take a bowl, and dig deep to the bottom of the urn - and bring up all of the good meat. Chunks of meat would come out fit for a lion. The rest of us would have a gravy.

Paul had the knack and the opportunity to get the best of that soup - and the others made do with what we could get.

Life is a bit like that - some of us are blessed with the best of everything while the less fortunate have to make do with second best. Am I envious of the rich? Would I want a million pounds in the bank? Would I want a Rolls Royce parked on the drive of my expensive house? Would I want a footballer's wife?

Hell, yes!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top