Join for free
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 10:59 AM

Re: Usernames

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Total confusion reigns
But that's OK, all part of the fun
lol ... yep ... 'tis good fun

I do worry a little about what will happen in the future when/if we encounter memory loss

Will Mike believe he's a Duke ? Will Joy think she's a cat ?

watch this space
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:17 AM

I just use my own name
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:29 AM

I've never seen the point of using a made-up name unless you have delusions of grandeur and think you are a Duke or something !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It seems that Plantman is Barry and MKJ is Mike that's just two !
I wouldn't take names for granted. There are a few on here that don't know who they are in real life never mind what persona they take on on a forum.

The world has a lot of barmy people in it now .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
There are a few on here that don't know who they are in real life never mind what persona they take on on a forum.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:40 AM

Well it seems to me that if you know a person on a forum for several years it’s stupid to keep calling them “Tiny twinkling star” or “The last flower in the Forest” every time you want to say something to them, if a member does not want to be called by their first name all the have to do is say so and everyone will respect their wishes.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:47 AM

Given that I was once tracked over a huge number of pet forums and constantly trolled by a person because I dared say that he was cruel for smacking his cat over the head with a book in his words 'with all my might' ..

I am glad to have a user name and Im glad I was able to get away from such an obvious mental case, something that might not have been so easy had I used my real name.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well it seems to me that if you know a person on a forum for several years it’s stupid to keep calling them “Tiny twinkling star” or “The last flower in the Forest” every time you want to say something to them, if a member does not want to be called by their first name all the have to do is say so and everyone will respect their wishes.
But you could use initials for people with ridiculously lengthy pseudonyms ... unless they spell something disgustingly rude
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
... unless they spell something disgustingly rude
Hmmmm, now there's an idea one could toy with, Trotters Independent Traders springs to mind.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Given that I was once tracked over a huge number of pet forums and constantly trolled by a person because I dared say that he was cruel for smacking his cat over the head with a book in his words 'with all my might' ..

I am glad to have a user name and Im glad I was able to get away from such an obvious mental case, something that might not have been so easy had I used my real name.
I am with you Cass on this one, my real name is recorded when I joined , but for use on the forum I used Apricot as I don"t want to be identified by strangers on other forums.

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top