Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:17 PM

Antique

If you ( some of you may have) an antique that was worth a substantial amount of money, would you sell it? and if you did ,what would you use the cash for?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:22 PM

Re: Antique

It would depend on what it was...if it was something with special significance to me then I'd never sell it ever...but if it wasnt and it was worth a substantial amount then yes I'd sell it in a hearbeat...no idea what I'd use the cash for as theres nothing I want atm..and im not a possession led person,probably give it to my sons
Rainey
-------------
Rainey is female 

03-08-2016, 10:26 PM

I'm really sentimental and love antiques so no would not sell especially if it is pretty, twinkly and of the diamond variety!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 10:54 PM

I like antiques, but I don't like accumulating too much stuff. So yes, I would sell it and spend the money on more travelling.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 12:24 AM

Not sure about antiques, well maybe a few, but I do have a lot of collectibles. They probably are worth something as collections. My Daughter will have the pleasure of selling them when I am gone.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 06:53 AM

Well we do have a few Antiques here in the Home and we love them, so I don't think we would sell them, but put them in our Will.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:10 AM

Dad gave me a Charles tunnicliffe original painting 25 yrs ago , at the time is value was around £500 I thought I'd keep it and see if over the years it would rise in value , a few months ago I took it to an auction house and was surprised to be told that it's worth less , in fact around £50 . Tunnicliffe is not so sought after it seems , I'll hang on to it anyway . I guess an antique is only worth what someone will pay for it
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 08:41 AM

We have loads of stuff, oil and watercolour paintings, silverware and penty of other stuff.
I don't suppose that anything is worth very much and we are financially OK and not in need of any money thank God.
I wouldn't dream of selling anything though, no matter how much it was worth.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Dad gave me a Charles tunnicliffe original painting 25 yrs ago , at the time is value was around £500 I thought I'd keep it and see if over the years it would rise in value , a few months ago I took it to an auction house and was surprised to be told that it's worth less , in fact around £50 . Tunnicliffe is not so sought after it seems , I'll hang on to it anyway . I guess an antique is only worth what someone will pay for it
Im surprised at that Susan, maybe because we all had Brooke Bond Tea cards and Lady bird books, is your painting a bird subject
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:19 AM

The only antique in my house is me and I am not for sale

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top