Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:06 AM

Re: Moving Home

Originally Posted by summer ->
I'm moving tomorrow....scary stuff I better get a move on too instead of lazing around here.
Good luck, be happy in your new home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 10:14 AM

I'm moving tomorrow....scary stuff I better get a move on too instead of lazing around here.
Hi Summer I hope all goes well tomorrow and that you will have many happy years in your new home ...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Why! Because I think local people should be allowed to stay in the area they were born in & not be priced out of the market by up country people who have more money.
But if you're moving out it'll not affect you one iota! Moreover if someone has the money to buy why should they be stopped? I just don't. Get it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:28 PM

Why! Because I think local people should be allowed to stay in the area they were born in & not be priced out of the market by up country people who have more money.
I agree with this...so many houses on Scottish islands have been bought up by wealthy people who want a second home to holiday in or to retire to. These places are empty most of the year, yet local people cannot buy a house because a) there aren't that many and b) they can't afford them now due to price rises. Its creating a lot of anger among families.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:30 PM

Good luck with the move tomorrow, Summer!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:41 PM

If I had a house for sale I'd state local buyers only.
If you had a house for sale where would you locate to?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Folks should be glad the property market is buoyant, Brick is the new Gold.
Isn't it so! People are saying dirt is more costly than diamonds these days.

Exciting! I hope all goes well!

I am very sensitive to this very real concern, Tiffany.

The way to solve this is to freeze or provide homestead tax exemptions for locals/natives. The other is to tax second home purchases and use that money for affordable housing.

While we were living in Hawai'i, home prices soared so much that many native Hawai'ians were forced to live on the beaches in tents. That is still the case. I used to go out there in the afternoons to tutor my students. It was and is an unforgivable situation.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
But if you're moving out it'll not affect you one iota! Moreover if someone has the money to buy why should they be stopped? I just don't. Get it.
I didn't say it was the house I lived in, it could be I have one I let out & have decided to sell.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
If you had a house for sale where would you locate to?
I would stay in it, the house I would sell would be a let I owned. Hypothetical. I have no intention of ever moving house.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

21-03-2021, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by pixie knuckles ->
i agree with this...so many houses on scottish islands have been bought up by wealthy people who want a second home to holiday in or to retire to. These places are empty most of the year, yet local people cannot buy a house because a) there aren't that many and b) they can't afford them now due to price rises. Its creating a lot of anger among families.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top