Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:17 PM

Re: Moving Home

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Isn't it so! People are saying dirt is more costly than diamonds these days.

Exciting! I hope all goes well!

I am very sensitive to this very real concern, Tiffany.

The way to solve this is to freeze or provide homestead tax exemptions for locals/natives. The other is to tax second home purchases and use that money for affordable housing.

While we were living in Hawai'i, home prices soared so much that many native Hawai'ians were forced to live on the beaches in tents. That is still the case. I used to go out there in the afternoons to tutor my students. It was and is an unforgivable situation.

Too many second home buyers here, in this area & Cornwall. I think it's worse in Cornwall & not enough rentals local young people can afford either.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I would stay in it, the house I would sell would be a let I owned. Hypothetical. I have no intention of ever moving house.
So it's an irrelevance in your case?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 05:25 PM

Fingers crossed Summer's move goes according to plan.

When we moved, the removals guys were great. All wore masks and asked us to keep out of their way while they worked on each room.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
So it's an irrelevance in your case?
Just stating what I would do if I had one.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top