Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:33 PM

What silly challenges do you set yourself?

I was at the petrol station today filling up and doing that thing where you try to get the cost to the round £. So instead of £25.99 you want it to be exactly £26. Sad, eh? Mine was a penny over - so annoying!

Does anyone else do this? What silly pointless challenges do you set yourself? From missing the cracks in the pavement to lining up your peas on the plate, there must be something. Or are you too far too sensible for such nonsense (most people probably! )
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:36 PM

Re: What silly challenges do you set yourself?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I was at the petrol station today filling up and doing that thing where you try to get the cost to the round £. So instead of £25.99 you want it to be exactly £26. Sad, eh? Mine was a penny over - so annoying!

Does anyone else do this? What silly pointless challenges do you set yourself? From missing the cracks in the pavement to lining up your peas on the plate, there must be something. Or are you too far too sensible for such nonsense (most people probably! )

It's expensive, the fuel cost, but, not worth getting upset about.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It's expensive, the fuel cost, but, not worth getting upset about.
Well it's like aiming for the bin and missing, hey there's another one!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:49 PM

Years ago when the proper currant buns were in the shops I used to pick all the currants out of the bun and eat them before I started eating the bun itself. There was always one buried deep into the bun that I missed.

Unfortunately that stopped when the traditional bun from Mountstevens disappeared

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2019, 10:53 PM

I have given up on trying to round it off. I usually just go under the amount, than over it.

When my egg is boiling for four minutes. I try to see how many other things, l can do in that time as l hate hanging about for the egg to be cooked.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-07-2019, 11:42 PM

Remember club biscuits? (Whatever happened to them I wonder) When we were at school, one of my best mates used to eat the chunky chocolate from around the sides, then she would eat the chocolate off the top, then separate the two biscuits and eat the filling, before finally eating the biscuits. She used to do this every lunchtime! I can still picture it. I will have to ask her whether she still does it now
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have given up on trying to round it off. I usually just go under the amount, than over it.

When my egg is boiling for four minutes. I try to see how many other things, l can do in that time as l hate hanging about for the egg to be cooked.
Not quite on topic, probably should be in cooking. Forgive me! but talking about boiling eggs (Call it the poaching challenge) Have you tried this method?. JUst boil some water in a saucepan. Take it off the boil and pour in a splash of white vinegar - maybe 30 mls. Carefully crack your egg(s) into the hot water. If you've put in enough vinegar they should hold together nicely. Give them 2-3 of minutes. Done! Time to wash a few dishes?..make a cuppa.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Not quite on topic, probably should be in cooking. Forgive me! but talking about boiling eggs (Call it the poaching challenge) Have you tried this method?. JUst boil some water in a saucepan. Take it off the boil and pour in a splash of white vinegar - maybe 30 mls. Carefully crack your egg(s) into the hot water. If you've put in enough vinegar they should hold together nicely. Give them 2-3 of minutes. Done! Time to wash a few dishes?..make a cuppa.
If after boiling the water and adding vinegar, just before cracking the eggs into it, you whizz the water up with a spoon that creates a kind of vortex which initially keeps the white of the egg from spreading out as much.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 08:08 AM

No silly challenges but just ordinary ones, that's the only way I get things done every day!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
If after boiling the water and adding vinegar, just before cracking the eggs into it, you whizz the water up with a spoon that creates a kind of vortex which initially keeps the white of the egg from spreading out as much.
Thanks Baz!..I will add that to the process next time Now when I am taking care of business in the house each day (I am the housekeeper/ cook/ shopper blah blah blah), I write a list of things to do that I swear to myself I HAVE to complete almost no matter what. Each day I make the list longer and longer until I fail to complete. It's silly I know but I'm a virgo. Waddaya do!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top