Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2019, 11:16 PM

staying in a hospital ward

You can be in a ward with all sorts of people.

So a little story

There I was in an 8 bed ward for about 4 weeks or so being non too good with drips in my arms and oxy breathing tube up my nose and too week to even sit up in bed. i was in such extreme pain I asked for a knife to kill myself, even Ketamine didn't help.
Opposite was a bible puncher who had fallen over the handlebars of a trail bike and cracked a couple of rips. Well he kept on and on about his church and church friends (non turned up to see him) for two solid days.

Eventually I gave him a right mouthful and got applause from the people in the other beds. he shut up after that

Couple of days later on is wheeled this guy with a pal friend and wanted to smoke. obviously that was not allowed but he wa told he could go outside in the grounds to smoke.
He kept on and on and tried to lite up and the nurse stopped him. next minute when her back wa turned he got out another cigarette. WOOO the ward sister went for him good and proper, eventual she kicked him off the ward. What a woman a real darling using her authority.

one thing after my operation and feeling a bit better I wanted to get up and walk around a bit but needed a zimmer frame. So i asked for one and the staff said they didn't have one to spare. Strange that as one was holing the ward door open.

One time feeling better the head boss came around with all staff following on. curtains drawn around the bed and he picks up the tick health sheet.

Next the obvious question " and how are you feeling today".
Well i let myself down somewhat as warped sense of humour kicked it.

Well says I great hospital already had 3 marriage proposals.So he look at me with that look they give

Yes I said and all from men, well I couldn't help it they were so serious. He didn't think it wa funny and went with his staff giving me a smile and wink.

Sue was told afterwards it was touch and go and nearly went to intensive care unit
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 12:06 AM

Re: staying in a hospital ward

Brilliant, Realspeed, that will send me to my bed with a smile! You have to be fit to survive being in hospital.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 08:33 AM

I think you have always got to have a bit of a Bunter when in Hospital, I like a bit of a laugh when on a ward of sick people.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2019, 03:47 PM

A good story realspeed. It's these sorts of things that make a stay in hospital more tolerable.

I remember when patients were allowed to smoke in a room just off the ward. At visitor times, all the visitors used to go in there for a smoke as well.

I'd had an op, the aftermath of which involved a bag of saline water hung up high on a stand. A tube went from there to inside my bladder. Lower down the stand was a bag of blood that the clean water was flushing out. It looked pretty disgusting I suppose. The whole contraption was on wheels so that I could walk around with it.

I was a smoker at the time and smokers will do anything to have a smoke. I made my way to the smokers room during visiting hours, wheeling the system slowly to avoid pulling on the tubes (ouch!). When I got to the room the conversations went quiet and the visitors soon disappeared.

I had to smile at the way that I soon had plenty of space all around me because of the sight I must have presented. Just a small amusement that brightened my day at a difficult time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top