Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 09:10 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

She’s got very long legs that lady God bless her, they wouldn’t need a lot of springy rope for her to do a bungee jump.
George Raft had a brother called Gerry who had very long legs, ever hear of Ger Raft?

It’s usually Spitty who tosses one of those strange big words into the posts willy nilly, everything is going along swimmingly reading his posts then suddenly a huge word unheard of to the common man/woman is lobbed in, leaving one “Spitified”

He may someday be honoured in the Oxford Dictionary when they name a new word after him, he deserves it and I’m sure he’d like that.

SPITIFIED:
To be left with one’s mouth open in puzzlement.
To be unexpectedly astounded.
A quick sudden stunning.
“When Inspector Reynolds accused Fr. Moore of rifling the church roof fund to pay his gambling debts, the priest just stood there spitified”
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 10:06 PM

And may long it persists.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:24 AM

Too true spitty. Spotified, persistance and strange words... plenty there to get your teeth into.

J K Rowlands has to be at the top of my list to have covered all those and more. Almost broke, severely depressed, divorced, and a single mother who went to school whilst writing Harry Potter, Rowling went from needing government handouts to being one of the richest women in the world in a 5 year span through her hard work and persiitance.

Her brilliant inventive wordsmithing came up with Mudblood, Animagus,Pensieve ,Apparate, Thestral, Lumos, Horcrux, Squib, Quiditch and best of all.... Dementor which I now apply to some that I know but could never quite find a word to describe. That one fits perfectly thanks to J K

The moral of the story is you just never know where those leisurely scribbling will take you

Right I am now orf down the shops on my Nimbus 2000
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 09:01 PM

Phyllis has a couple of dementor sisters who would take to a Nimbus 2000 quite naturally, no tuition needed, actually I’m flying out with three of them tonight, and the wife makes four, they like their sup and fair play to them they never miss their round, but all the moaning I do about them is only in jest, behind it all I love the lot of them.
Yes isn’t it great to hear of an ordinary person being rewarded for their perseverance and skill (JK Rowlands). I’m sure she must have felt like throwing in the towel when under all that pressure, the best of luck to her and to hell with the begrudgers.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

04-07-2019, 09:08 PM

I'll leave you with this before I go out granny sitting.

I discovered something all by myself recently, not a major breakthrough in the field of medicine but it will bring relief to millions, and all for free with my compliments, tis an honour to give something free to a long suffering public.
It’s about scratching an itch.
Sometimes I get an itch on the calf of my right leg, it can be unbearable and heavy scratching can break the skin, it’s one of those itches that makes you want to scratch right into the bone to relieve it, now it’s not a rash or a skin disease, it just comes and lasts for a day or so then goes away again, there are no spots, sores or dots on the leg, just the itch and the only damage done is the red marks from severe scratching and they soon fade away.
I tried all sorts of creams and lotions and while they gave some relief for an hour or so they were otherwise useless.
Then I began to give it some deep thought, what if the actual SCRATCHING of the itch is all wrong? Why do people always scratch with and up and down motion, or side to side on the itch? What if I only scratched in a downward motion in line with the Earths magnetic field? (I got this line of thought from the dog crap thread)
So I did just that, scratched using only downward strokes, down, then hand off and down again and praise the lord it worked!, 18 strokes are sufficient, administer the first six then stop and wait one minute, then six more, wait and then the final six to gain full relief. Simple and quick and it costs not a penny.
Seems like folks have been scratching the wrong way for far too long, who knows maybe in earlier times they knew this method but it got lost along the way, so many natural remedies have been lost to us through the ages.
So throw out all yer creams and powders and go along with natures way of easing the itch.
Actually the relief is so good you’ll yearn for the itch to come back so you can enjoy the relief all over again. yeh won’t see that promise on a tin of Vaseline.

Next week I’ll be posting some findings on my research into snoring, I’m on the verge of a spectacular breakthrough, hold your breath.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2019, 10:55 PM

With all this toilet humour, it is easy to get Bogged Down, isn't it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2019, 09:13 AM

Bugger reasearch into snoring. A snorer is a snorer and like an itch should be eliminated tout de suite.

Being a relative placid soul for most of the time and usually tolerant of most things that would drive others to distraction I gambol through life happily that is till I hear snoring...cos for me snoring is a whole new ball game. It bothers me. No I mean it really bothers me. It bothers me so much that I could cheerfully murder the snorer.The fact that there is a human attached to that snoring sound is totally irrelevant.

It doesn't matter if it's a gentle snore. a rumbling or a roaring snore.. it's a snore and it bothers me. Like an alarm clock I want to switch it off immediately it starts and quicker if possible. My mind goes into murder mode and with eyes tight shut I am fumbling round for potential murder weapons...anything that will silence the snoring. Pillows are the obvious choice, but bedside lamps or clock will do and the he heavier the better. I could describe worse ways but this is before the watershed so will desist

Mentally I commit the deed and silence prevails and all is well again in my world, however ..life isn't like that so it has to be a less gratifying jab with an elbow or heel to the perpetrator but oh I do so wish you could get away with legally murdering a snorer.

Don't get me started on toilet noises or habits .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-07-2019, 02:16 PM

My missus is notorious for snoring, I’m sure if there was such a thing as a snorograph you’d find that she is capable of hauling in three cubic feet of air per snore and blasting it out at 90 decibels, (bearing in mind at 100 decibels, ear damage can occur with 15 minutes of exposure) if it was an Olympic event she would take the gold no problem.
However I’ve got used to it now so it doesn’t really bother me any more, but I’ll admit it wasn’t easy. Why do all bad snorers stubbornly deny that they snore?

Quote Spitfire “With all this toilet humour, it is easy to get Bogged Down, isn't it”

There have been some very interesting historical finds in bogs Spitty, we have a little shrivelled up chap in the national museum here, he’s lying in the foetal position and still has a head of hair and all his teeth, his skin is like boot leather and he’s simply called ’The bog Man’ (maybe he suffered from severe diarrhoea, hence the name and the doubled up position).
They reckon he’s 6,000 years old, older than the Pyramids, well it says so on the ’showcase’, I’m afraid they are wrong, he was 6,000 years old when I first saw him 60 years ago, that makes him 6,060, but they haven’t changed the age on the case, just goes to prove the older you are the less anybody gives a damn. It’s very misleading to the public don’t you think?, good job there is no admission charge otherwise a lot of folks would be entitled to their money back.

That reminds me of the time they used to show films every Saturday in the school hall, threepence in to sit on hard wooden chairs and endure inaudible sound and endless breakdowns, and the loud shouts of the kids “We want out money back, we want our money back”
But nobody ever got their money back, it would be easier to get blood from a turnip than get threepence back from Fr. Moore, “All that money is gone to help the poor souls in purgatory” he used to say, beats me how he managed to get all that coin to them and when they got it what did they spend it on, maybe they tried to bribe the angels to let them into heaven before their time was up, ah the things that go through the mind of a child.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-07-2019, 10:13 PM

No one cares about facts anymore, except the guys and gals ferreting about in Peats Bog.
solo
UK

06-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Always get a sense of unease when I see these poor old naked bog men dug up out of some peat then displayed for all to see in their not so wrinkly flattened glory. Same with those poor souls who have rotted together for donkeys years then suddenly torn apart ,laid out on a table bit by bit like a jigsaw ...all in the name of " I wonder what they died of or I wonder what they ate " Does it matter what they died of. They ate, they died, there dead so let them stay where they are.... dead, cos you can't get deader than dead can you no matter how you snuffed it.

On my rambles yesterday being a tad warm I went into a local to buy an Ice. Now back in the sensible days you only had a couple of things to choose from at Sivoris, a cone, a wafer or a lolly. We still bickered about what to choose but the bickering didn't last too long as it was usually a case of "take that or go without"

Well let me tell you what with the multitude of tourists that have descended on us along with their multitude of hot kiddies plus the multitide of choices of ices, lollies etc it was not a cooling move on my part. The days of kiddies being told " take that or go without" are long gone because screaming, yelling and throwing oneself down on the floor in spectacular tantrums are the way to get the ice of your choice now. Doesn't matter if it's sold out it's "I want that one in the picture or I will just die"cos if it's on the picture it exists. Still it amuses our unfussy seagulls as they will eat anything.

Can't be done with all that so I left, still hot and wondering like the seagulls where all this freedom of choice is actually leading to .

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top