Join for free
Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:00 PM

Re: Doctors say it is Racist to charge NHS Health Tourists!

When my mum was taken ill on our cruise with her fatal SAH, when we got to the Athens hospital (flown over from Kephalonia), I was taken to the desk where I had to produce her medical card. I wonder what would have happened had she not got a current and valid one? I dread to think. And we were lucky that she was not taken to a private hospital. In a foreign country, not understanding the language, I wouldn’t have known! So thankfully she was treated under the reciprocal deal.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Just to add that it does have implications for public health if you don't treat someone with a contagious disease e.g. ebola. It doesn't matter whether they can pay or not. That's a no brainer.

Goodness talk about awkward Annie !
You pick the most obscure disease and and make it a no brainier !

How many cases of Ebola have there been in the UK?

It is a desease of Africa and only a part of Aafrica at that !

What is a no brainier is that a failing health service we should supply care for the entire world .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Goodness talk about awkward Annie !
You pick the most obscure disease and and make it a no brainier !

How many cases of Ebola have there been in the UK?

It is a desease of Africa and only a part of Aafrica at that !

What is a no brainier is that a failing health service we should supply care for the entire world .
Of course we haven't had any ridiculous epidemics and that's because such patients as we do have are treated. You don't read about that in the daily heil. The article is there to wind people up without reporting the whole story. They cherry pick comments to get hits on their web page.

The fact is that this is about system failure and not about doctors who don't actually have any say in that wider system. Please don't pretend that they are to blame.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:10 PM

How many cases of Ebola have we had in the UK ?

People don't need to be wound up they have been watching this situation for years .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
When my mum was taken ill on our cruise with her fatal SAH, when we got to the Athens hospital (flown over from Kephalonia), I was taken to the desk where I had to produce her medical card. I wonder what would have happened had she not got a current and valid one? I dread to think. And we were lucky that she was not taken to a private hospital. In a foreign country, not understanding the language, I wouldn’t have known! So thankfully she was treated under the reciprocal deal.
Was it doctors that had to check her passport and medical card? Because I don't see what any of this has to do with doctors. It's an admin function nothing to do with medics.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-06-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

People don't need to be wound up they have been watching this situation for years .
No because we pay lots of foreign aid to stop it coming here!

I see you have edited your response just as I've posted it! can you stop doing that. It just creates confusion.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2019, 07:13 PM

Was it doctors that had to check her passport and medical card? Because I don't see what any of this has to do with doctors. It's an admin function nothing to do with medics.
Yes it was a doctor!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2019, 07:14 PM

Then why are medics putting their two cents worth in ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

26-06-2019, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Yes it was a doctor!
of course it was
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

26-06-2019, 07:16 PM

No because we pay lots of foreign aid to stop it coming here!

I see you have edited your response just as I've posted it! can you stop doing that. It just creates confusion.

What a load of tosh you talk Annie

Page 2 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top