Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 10:47 AM

Re: Cleaning Patio Slabs

This is the plain concrete path that was treated last year. I suppose I've been using Patio Magic for about 7 or 8 years now but this path was mostly black before that. The path and patio were laid about a year after we moved here, so about 18 years ago.

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Mart - your patio looks great - I'll be buying some patio magic very soon!

Thanks again.
I ought to mention that there are different dilution levels given in the instructions. Best to use the stronger one. My neighbour used the weaker dilution and it didn't work as quickly or so well.

I mix up the solution in a plastic dustbin and brush it on with a broom. It goes further than using a watering can. Also, it's easier to keep it off flowerbeds and grass this way.

It can be used on moss/algae covered wood as well, sheds and fences for example.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2019, 08:59 PM

Your concrete path looks modern compared to mine - which I suspect is probably original to the house..........circa 1963!!!

Thanks again for your help.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
My Ryobi washer came with one, it does no better than the nozzle by itself. Don't spend money on one.
I agree with this ^^

My karcher came with the attachment but is no better then the high pressure nozzle. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the nozzle is quicker and more effective.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Patio Magic is a good product and worth using. remember though that once a patio is cleaned using a jet washer, it will get dirty quicker than it would normally. I don't understand why, perhaps it takes a layer off or something.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top