Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 06:59 PM

Hotel Mumbai

Just watched this and it was an excellent movie on a true story , had me at the edge of my seat.

The staff of the hotel were so brave trying to ensure the safety of their guests.

I am horrified to know the organisers of the operation have never been caught.

Pure evil .

May the souls of those who died rest in peace.
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 07:04 PM

Re: Hotel Mumbai

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just watched this and it was an excellent movie on a true story , had me at the edge of my seat.

The staff of the hotel were so brave trying to ensure the safety of their guests.

I am horrified to know the organisers of the operation have never been caught.

Pure evil .

May the souls of those who died rest in peace.
Yep,watched it on release a couple of weeks ago,super film with a story well told.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 07:09 PM

LQ, l was looking through the films that are available on NowTV and saw Hotel Mumbai but l passed it by as l didn’t think l would like it.

On your recommendation, l might watch it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, l was looking through the films that are available on NowTV and saw Hotel Mumbai but l passed it by as l didn’t think l would like it.

On your recommendation, l might watch it.
Like caracature said, it's a very well made film and the acting was superb .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 07:17 PM

Actually it wasnt totally true for instance the baby who survived with the nanny.... both its parents were killed in the attack the mother as depicted in the film didnt survive.... I only found that out recently which makes me question the rest of it to be honest....

I wish they wouldnt change the facts to make what they feel is a more palatable conclusion and then claim its a true story.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 08:05 PM

LQ, l have just watched it up to the point where David dodges the terrorists to go back to their apartment to find the nanny Sally and his baby son Cameron. That was all l could take.

What l saw up to then, was harrowing and upsetting. I hope l don’t dream about it.

I read how it finished on Wikipedia.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2019, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, l have just watched it up to the point where David dodges the terrorists to go back to their apartment to find the nanny Sally and his baby son Cameron. That was all l could take.

What l saw up to then, was harrowing and upsetting. I hope l don’t dream about it.

I read how it finished on Wikipedia.
well, that'll teach you to go on my recommendations or not should I say.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

27-10-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
well, that'll teach you to go on my recommendations or not should I say.
LQ, Your recommendation was good but l couldn't take seeing all those people shot down for absolutely no reason. I’m not tough enough to watch and especially as it was based on a true story.

You are braver than me!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top