Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Howard
New Member!
Cumbria
Howard is male 

19-07-2017, 07:34 AM

Re: Have You Ever Been Stood Up? Or, Have You Stood Someone Up?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Howard, Is there any way of contacting her, to explain?
It might stop her swearing every time she thinks of you!
Ha ha! She probably thinks she had a lucky escape.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Howard ->
Ha ha! She probably thinks she had a lucky escape.
Sorry. Howard, l forgot to say.. Welcome to OFF, l hope you like the site!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Years ago when I was a shy teenager around 17-18, I had just started going out drinking and was in a pub when a barmaid asked me if I wanted to meet up with her sometime and she gave me her number.

I was as nervous as hell, but the next day I called her number and we arranged to meet outside the railway station in Hull. I dressed up very smart and had a bunch of the obligatory flowers with me. I duly waited for what seemed like hours until I left feeling very despondent and went home feeling like I wanted to die, throwing the flowers away as I wandered off home alone.

I went to work the next day and all the lads in the workshop were asking how it went and I told them she didn't show up. They laughed and said it was a wind up and that the barmaid in question was one the lads' girlfriends and in on the act. I lost my normally placid rag and went for the offending young chap rather vigorously with me clenched fists. Both of us ended up in the manager's office and were spoken to in no uncertain terms. Even the boss knew about the wind up.

It took me a long, long time to get over it!
Oh Floydy, l wanted to cry as l read what that horrible lot did to you!
You have the body of 'l'll be back' Arnie! Be like in The Terminator, track them down and smack them all with a bunch of obligatory flowers!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:23 AM

Hi

Been there, like Floydy, not good.

It was Maureen Ruane, a stunner, when I was at school.

Very embarrassing .

I have never stood a lady up in my life, that is disrespectful.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 10:23 AM

Have I ever `stood someone up?` Yes. I was 15. I was due to meet this girl I had seen a couple of time when several friends asked `Are you going to Dianne`s party?-No.

Well you should,she fancies you a lot. I plead guilty.

Have I ever been `jilted?` Yes. It was May 1982. I had traveled from Leeds to Ferdown in Dorset to see someone. I thought it was to get engaged but no. She had met someone else. Sorry Steph but it just happened but we can still screw around for our last weekend.

I do not make this rubbish up.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Neither, a dirty and cowardly thing to do.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh Floydy, l wanted to cry as l read what that horrible lot did to you!
You have the body of 'l'll be back' Arnie! Be like in The Terminator, track them down and smack them all with a bunch of obligatory flowers!!
LOL! I wasn't like Arnie in those days, Art. I was like a beanpole. Perhaps that episode in my teenage years made some impression on me and caused me to 'bulk up' and gain the self-confidence I was seriously lacking as an acne-ridden, timid adolescent.
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Been there, like Floydy, not good.

It was Maureen Ruane, a stunner, when I was at school.

Very embarrassing .

I have never stood a lady up in my life, that is disrespectful.
All part of growing up I guess, swimfeeders.
And no, I'd never stand up a lady either. The chance of a rather good night could be wasted!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:34 PM

I once got a message that a girl was waiting for me at the local Yoof club and wanted to go out with me. I had fancied this girl for some time, so I dolled myself up and got over there as soon as possible only to find that it was someone else. She must have noticed my face drop because she left and I never saw her again.

I always felt a bit guilty about that as I never had a chance to explain.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:44 PM

Yes - twice to the same bloke.

I was working delivering meals-on-wheels. On one particular round, I got to the kitchens to pick up the meals. They weren't quite ready, so I made a brew and nattered to the staff. This chap came into the kitchen for a brew. We got talking, bit of flirting. He said he was joiner working there temporarily. Lived about 50miles away (told me where he lived) so was staying in an hotel till the job was done.

Cut the story short, he asked me out for a drink. I stood him up.
I wasn't sure I'd do that round again. He'd probably have finished the job and gone home if/when I went there again... so I wouldn't see him again. Did feel a tad guilty that I didn't go.

Anyway, the next time I went there, he was still there..... so I waffled about standing him up, we had a giggle about it and then he asked me out again. I said ok, but warned him I might not be able to make it. I could have gone but...
I stood him up again.
(There was no way he would be there again I rationalised).

He was.

The 3rd time he said, 'one last time....meet me for a drink?' So I relented and met him. We eventually moved in together. After a year we married. We were married for 12 yrs. He was my bestest husband.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes - twice to the same bloke.

I was working delivering meals-on-wheels. On one particular round, I got to the kitchens to pick up the meals. They weren't quite ready, so I made a brew and nattered to the staff. This chap came into the kitchen for a brew. We got talking, bit of flirting. He said he was joiner working there temporarily. Lived about 50miles away (told me where he lived) so was staying in an hotel till the job was done.

Cut the story short, he asked me out for a drink. I stood him up.
I wasn't sure I'd do that round again. He'd probably have finished the job and gone home if/when I went there again... so I wouldn't see him again. Did feel a tad guilty that I didn't go.

Anyway, the next time I went there, he was still there..... so I waffled about standing him up, we had a giggle about it and then he asked me out again. I said ok, but warned him I might not be able to make it. I could have gone but...
I stood him up again.
(There was no way he would be there again I rationalised).

He was.

The 3rd time he said, 'one last time....meet me for a drink?' So I relented and met him. We eventually moved in together. After a year we married. We were married for 12 yrs. He was my bestest husband.
A lovely story with a happy ending eventually, Pesta

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top