Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:42 PM

would you speak up

If your in a theatre or cinema or listening to a talk and the people behind you are talking and chatting to each other would you ask them to be quiet or would you just struggle through .

My friend S gets really irritated when this happens and will at first say shhhh , if it carries on she turns and loudly says will you be quiet . I'm learning from her , I was in the theatre recently and a group of women loudly talking behind me spoiling the show , I turned twice staring at them at first , they carried on and eventually I said please be quiet, stop talking . It worked for a while and they did quieten down but it did make me feel awkward .

Would you speak up
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Re: would you speak up

I think I would. If they don't want to see the performance they can leave the building to carry on their conversation.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:55 PM

That takes me back years, there was this guy in front of me smoking a huge cigar. I blew it back,he rubs his neck repeat .Eventually he says something-I smile and hum `puff the magic dragon`
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:59 PM

I wouldn't nowadays, no. I don't want a knife or a fist in my face. Some years ago at Ypres, during the ceremony, some cretin behind me was chatting on his phone. I turned round and scowled and said "SSSH!" very firmly to him - and he did. I've never had the guts to intervene any other time though, but I was incensed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
If your in a theatre or cinema or listening to a talk and the people behind you are talking and chatting to each other would you ask them to be quiet or would you just struggle through .

Would you speak up
Yes .....

With age, I have turned into Victor Meldrew .....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:06 PM

I think I would, a polite request to be quiet as you can't hear what you came to see, would only upset an idiot.
If it was an idiot I would make sure I let the theatre know about the problem, you didn't pay for a ticket to listen to the audience chatting!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:30 PM

Would, for sure.......the ignorant and inconsiderate need educating.

I can be quite tolerant and non-confrontational for a short while....rudeness shortens this considerably.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:40 PM

Yes I would, politely of course. As Twink said, you didn't pay for a ticket to listen to someone behind you chattering.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:27 PM

It would depend on who Im speaking to and where,its sometimes dangerous these days to say anything.But I have made signs to people on phones ,putting my fingers to my lips ,shaking my head at them. On a train on Saturday a woman was talking loudly on her phone for a long time, people kept looking at her and moving away,so I managed to catch her eye,shook my head and put my fingers to my lips mouthing shhh, she nodded and put her phone away
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:30 PM

Yes, I would and have in the theatre.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top