Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 11:37 AM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Like Running Away?

"Had a good run this morning and Mrs Fox has gone out, so I'm feeling quite philosophical......Blimey! did I just spell that correct first time....."

You did!!
And not a stray apostrophe anywhere in sight!!
Go straight to the top of the class and give out the lunch vouchers
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
"Had a good run this morning and Mrs Fox has gone out, so I'm feeling quite philosophical......Blimey! did I just spell that correct first time....."

You did!!
And not a stray apostrophe anywhere in sight!!
Go straight to the top of the class and give out the lunch vouchers
Thank's Ruthio, speaking of lunch.....It'll soon be time for 'Bargain Hunt' and a sandwich........Just realised how hungry I am....
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 12:50 PM

O.G.F. I too have read the Harold Fry Book, its one of my favourites, if you like books on foot travel have a look at 500 mile walkies by Mark Wallington, I read that book and it really changed my life, as i decided to do the walk myself, and another good book is Six Feet to Lands End by Ken Ward, three old guys walking Britain,s ancient footpaths, both worth a look. and here is a review below

This is the best book i have read in years, wonderfully descriptive of the English countryside, with its out of the way places, and footpaths. Its also a story of comradeship, compassion, romance, and adventure, with two old ex army guys, and one younger stone mason. who walk from the Cotswolds to Lands End, on some of the Englands finest foot paths, .Its also a story of endurance, and bygone values, and above all, it shows that just because you are old, you need not be written off,.. well done to Ken Ward, i eagerly await a follow up to this book ?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 12:51 PM

I would imagine we must all have days like that. You wonder whether the hard work you put in to everything is worth the effort and wish you could escape to somewhere where you were really happy. Fortunately though, reality has to return and the problems you are usually encountering will eventually pass, regardless of the outcome. It's as he who must obey always says when he knows I am in such a mood.

Don't let the B......s get you down!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 01:33 PM

What's running??? - don't do none of that!!! far too strenuous.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Strange thing is Rachel, I always feel sad on my birthdays and I don't know why. It's not that I am reminded of how quickly the years slip by, and how decrepid I'm becomming.
It's probably the fuss people make to celebrate my birthday. I love to celebrate other peoples birthdays but not my own, I wish the day would be just like any other and pass by unnoticed....
I like people to remember my birthday but there aren't many peopleblefy now *sobs*
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 06:06 PM

Can't run. Where to?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by tomtwodogs ->
O.G.F. I too have read the Harold Fry Book, its one of my favourites, if you like books on foot travel have a look at 500 mile walkies by Mark Wallington, I read that book and it really changed my life, as i decided to do the walk myself, and another good book is Six Feet to Lands End by Ken Ward, three old guys walking Britain,s ancient footpaths, both worth a look. and here is a review below

This is the best book i have read in years, wonderfully descriptive of the English countryside, with its out of the way places, and footpaths. Its also a story of comradeship, compassion, romance, and adventure, with two old ex army guys, and one younger stone mason. who walk from the Cotswolds to Lands End, on some of the Englands finest foot paths, .Its also a story of endurance, and bygone values, and above all, it shows that just because you are old, you need not be written off,.. well done to Ken Ward, i eagerly await a follow up to this book ?
Thanks for that Tom, wrote down the titles and on my next visit to Waterstones or WH Smiffs I'll seek them out. Been reading your profile, and that's a pretty impressive walk you did. Nice truck too.....

Have you read 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed? A true story of a woman who's life was changed similar to you, and with no previous walking experience she ended up walking the 'Pacific Crest Trail'....They made a film about it, but read the book first, the film is nowhere near as good.....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:44 PM

No I never felt like running away, but I did make a point when at home with parents to get away as soon as I could. These days, life is wonderful.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for that Tom, wrote down the titles and on my next visit to Waterstones or WH Smiffs I'll seek them out. Been reading your profile, and that's a pretty impressive walk you did. Nice truck too.....

Have you read 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed? A true story of a woman who's life was changed similar to you, and with no previous walking experience she ended up walking the 'Pacific Crest Trail'....They made a film about it, but read the book first, the film is nowhere near as good.....
No I haven't read it I will google it now thanks,.. aaw the truck is 480 h.p. Iveco Strallis, with everything in it, two bunks /fridge freezer/ stove/ night heater/ stereo etc and as for that walk,. its all down to reading 500 mile walkies, it really did ..get me into backpacking.!

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top