Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 02:41 PM

Your weakest link

What would you say is your biggest weakness, your weakest link?

Is there something, that against your better judgement, you just cannot resist?

Or someone you can never say No to, and who wraps you round their little finger?

Anything you can never resist buying, even when you don't need it?

I am passionate about animals and plants. I love heavily scented roses. I have got far too many and the over spill has been planted in tubs which are more work to look after.

I don't want any more flowers and plants, yet when ever I am out somewhere, if I see a lovely flower I have got to buy it.
You can hardly move on my patio for tubs and pots so why do I keep buying more?
Then I can't resist experimenting with cuttings, I love it, so end up with duplicates everywhere as well. I give no end away.

Once upon a time, when I bred my dogs, there was always one puppy I could not bear let go, so he/she stayed.
This happened time and time again and I would still have made room for another waif. I got to 7 German Shepherds at one point and I loved them all dearly.
I hasten to add I lived on a farm then so had the space for as many as I wanted - bad move!

What can't you resist?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 03:03 PM

Re: Your weakest link

Plants since we got our garden I can't stop buying them, things for the dogs toys and the like, things for grace if I buy any more material to make into dresses for her my husband has threatened divorce !
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 03:30 PM

Chocolate, specially Cadburys. I can't resist it. Try to not go down that supermarket isle, but they sneakily put the cheap stuff on the ends where you can't fail to see it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Chocolate, specially Cadburys. I can't resist it. Try to not go down that supermarket isle, but they sneakily put the cheap stuff on the ends where you can't fail to see it.
I'm right with you on that one Tiff.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 04:25 PM

You can guess-anything about my Father. We went to see the aged mother a few days ago and she was going on about a comment made by one of her Grandsons. I don`t like Trevor after what he said at the funeral. Really mother? Why? We all know your husband had personality problems.

I know,I know-but I just cannot resist it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 05:38 PM

I'm also very impulsive to the point that I'll spend money on things which takes me right to my limit - even beyond sometimes.

I'm also rather impatient with people who can't get their act together and dither about the simplest things - whether to have a cup of tea or coffee.....do they not know what they want to drink?! But that's probably more of a personality trait than a weakness.
Same as I'm perhaps too open and honest with people, which may seem like a good thing to be but believe me, it can backfire on you when you give too much away.

Other weaknesses?
It takes me a long time to get around to doing things.
I eat too much bread.
I drink too much coffee.
I'm becoming lazy with my fitness - I need to get back to the gym instead of burying myself in my PC in the afternoons!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 06:24 PM

Internet shopping has really got me in it's clutches.
I'm not happy unless there's a parcel or two in the post.

I'm also a sucker for plants. My low maintenance garden now has more than 50 pots to feed & water - and still I buy more!!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 07:07 PM

Waistcoats, peaky blinders hats and pocket watches...I am regressing.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm right with you on that one Tiff.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

07-08-2017, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Internet shopping has really got me in it's clutches.
I'm not happy unless there's a parcel or two in the post.

I'm also a sucker for plants. My low maintenance garden now has more than 50 pots to feed & water - and still I buy more!!
I have to stay off Amazon else I go mad.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top