Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 09:28 PM

Re: Emotional Eating or Not?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Aww, try not to be too hard on yourself. Baby steps and lots of water/juice. Swimming - as you have mentioned, is clearly working well for you too. You'll get there
Yes! You are right and that is exactly what I’m doing. So far I’ve lost 14 pounds. The weight only started coming off when I started swimming but I read an article that says that power long distance swimming is the best way to tone up and get into shape. The water keeps you buoyant enough to prevent abrupt impact while you exercise both arms and legs as well as stomach and back. Salt water is even more buoyant and much easier to swim in. My goal this summer is to lose at least 30 pounds and I’m getting there one day at a time.
Thanks Pixie.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:32 AM

Lockdown has been a nightmare for me...I have gained weight and to be honest I just can't get my head into diet mode....each morning I tell myself OK start today and be good it works till elevenses .... upsetting really
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Lockdown has been a nightmare for me...I have gained weight and to be honest I just can't get my head into diet mode....each morning I tell myself OK start today and be good it works till elevenses .... upsetting really
Well, I guess you must be under a lot of stress with the house and everything Summer, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. Just swap elevenses for something healthy?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 01:25 PM

Interesting to get a guys point of view, Keezoy. I often wonder if men do the comfort eating like women do. Do you cook anything specific, like a special dish, or just anything at all?
Hey Pixie. I don't know but I suspect men and women don't differ in anything as much as we're lead to believe. I've never been a big eater and I often don't eat much of what I cook. I have to watch my weight. I'm not into walking but I surf as often as I can and I'm lucky that I live near the beach. THat and the dog is my exercise. I love cooking Asian and Mediterranean dishes as well as modern Australian which is pretty varied. I'm also getting into indigenous food which is fascinating and really tasty. But I never comfort eat.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 03:17 PM

Surfing is a pretty active sport, I would have thought, Keezoy. Lucky you! Asian and Med food is so tasty. Indigenous food sounds interesting....you mean like living off the land stuff? I just googled it out of curiousity...Damper bread and wichetty grub were the first things that came up!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 09:31 PM

Crab Sticks.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

29-06-2021, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Crab Sticks.
Excuse me?

Ohh comfort food....is that yours then Spitty?
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

30-06-2021, 09:39 AM

I tend to go towards what makes me happy if stressed. Currently binge watching shows.

I honestly hate this lockdown, even though was antisocial before.
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

30-06-2021, 09:44 AM

Teacup, its very easy to go off track when under such stress, and either eating too much, or too little is just a way of dealing with it. I hope things are more settled with you now.
Oh thanks for your reply. I never want to experience that again, but these days such a glutton with food.

I was then, but just couldn't stomach it. Definitely was a stress reaction as love food!
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 09:07 PM

Interesting to get a guys point of view, Keezoy. I often wonder if men do the comfort eating like women do. Do you cook anything specific, like a special dish, or just anything at all?
You bet we do. I have a wide variety of comfort foods, but a home-made pizza with Italian sausage, mushrooms and pepperoni is often my "go-to-food".

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	R5cc5531f89ebe1630a83f91a4cf96315.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	16130  

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top