Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: Neighbours.

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
If you use a sprayer along the top, won't the spray go over into next doors garden. The razor wire will be needed then, for sure!!

Wait...are you talking about painting just the fence, or the wire itself?
In neither of the cases I cite would the top edge be painted.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Who says you are right. What do you know about it?

I just read via google that it can be used for protection of private property.

FGS if it's on top of a fence it's not going to hurt any innocent person!!

An electrified door knob is very different as you well know.
What I do know about using razor wire in a domestic situation such as claimed to have been done being a dumb move.

I also know that deliberately electrifying a door knob falls into the same category of actions depending only on circumstances.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Yes I'm serious. If there are warning signs surely it's up to the criminal if he wants to risk it.

People on here said I was wrong to put vandal paint on my meter cupboard door after vandals repeatedly kept tearing it from it's hinges.

I put the paint on anyway - along with a warning sign.

No trouble since!
Good idea.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Try this:

Using barbed/razor wire and broken glass in order to stop people getting into your home is not advisable. You are making yourself liable to civil action, if by doing this someone is injured, as you owe a duty of care to ensure that visitors to your property are reasonably safe. Odd as it may seem, you also owe a duty of care to trespassers.
Yes, as I said earlier, the law is contradictory.
Even worse, it often seems to favour the criminal rather than the victim of crime.

I suppose it has never occurred to those in the position of making laws that to continue to favour and protect the criminal in such ways will achieve nothing other than encouraging even more crime in this crime-ridden country.

I'll repeat what I have often maintained should be a motto painted on our national emblem:
"Crime pays in broken Britain"!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It's an insane way to "protect" an ordinary private house in an ordinary setting.
I thought from his previous posts about problems with neighbours that he lived in downtown Beirut, not in a village in Shropshire.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Is the use of razor wire legal?

I had my own preconceptions, but thought it best to look it up.
The short answer is that, typically in this country, the situation is contradictory! (As I expected. )
I looked it up too and appears that generally speaking it is illegal in residential areas (it's a council responsibility), it is only allowed in Industrial and rural zoned areas and council approval is required.

What did surprise me was the various types of razor wire available.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

What did surprise me was the various types of razor wire available.
Good for castrating perves ... or so I am told!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2021, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good for castrating perves ... or so I am told!

...and the equivalent of glass in cement - Croc Top Fence Spikes

Which seems a better alternative to razor wire
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
...and the equivalent of glass in cement - Croc Top Fence Spikes

Which seems a better alternative to razor wire
It looks much neater too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 05:56 AM

I feel sorry for our scumbags. There they are just trying to do a good, honest day's robbing and they have to contend with things such as razor wire.

I suppose eventually, we will become such a wokey-dopey Country that we will have to give up our posessions on demand or face prosecution.

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top