Join for free
Page 95 of 95 « First < 45 85 93 94 95
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2021, 11:01 AM

Re: What book are you reading now?

Those Who Forget by Geraldine Schwarz
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

23-07-2021, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Those Who Forget by Geraldine Schwarz
I for one would like to read your opinion of it when you've read it. It looks interesting.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2021, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
I for one would like to read your opinion of it when you've read it. It looks interesting.
About half way through. Interesting so far, seeing how a family progressed in the context of highly turbulent times.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 09:48 AM

I am reading light hearted femme books at the moment...just because I can..

Maeve Binchy the Author that I really like for these cosy romantic but some edgie moments along the way...the latest is Nights of Rain and Stars. My favorite ones...4 books in order..Tara Road, Scarlet Feathers, Evening Class then finally Quentins...
I read a lot on History, of whatever draws me at that moment...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 10:34 AM

I was listening to a review on the radio this morning of "The Nowhere Child" by Christian White and it sounds like a fascinating book about a girl who thinks she discovers that she was kidnapped as a child. There are lots of twists and turns in the story apparently. This is the start of one review

Kim Leamy is approached by a stranger who believes her to be Sammy Went, an American girl who went missing when she was two. It sounds farfetched but the timeline adds up and a couple of details emerge that force the photography teacher to take the claim seriously. To complicate matters, her mother died a couple of years earlier so Kim, who must begin somewhere, starts by searching her childhood photos for clues.
I wonder if anybody has read this book? Was it a good read?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 10:20 AM

I've started the James Potter Series, the follow on to Harry Potter. Not written by JK Rowling but you'd never know it. It starts when Harry's oldest son starts at the school, many of the Characters from the Harry books are also in these books, but obviously older. I'm really enjoying them..

Page 95 of 95 « First < 45 85 93 94 95

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top