Join for free
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:05 PM

The Crimson Field

Just watched this, very good!
It got me all emotional, as does anything to do with WW1, I remember my Dad crying about his older brother who died fighting.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 05:03 AM

Re: The Crimson Field

I didn't watch that but I did watch Antiques Road Show which was also about WW1 memorabilia and which was also quite moving with some of the poignant stories they told. My dad was at the Somme but was lucky, he was injured when some shrapnel went through his arm and he was shipped back home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 09:45 AM

I watched it and was a bit disappointed, it seemed to focus so much on personal vendettas. I will be watching it though .
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 01:51 PM

I thought it got off to a good start and will stick with it.
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I watched it and was a bit disappointed, it seemed to focus so much on personal vendettas. I will be watching it though .
Same here,i was a bit disappointed too. Not so much of the WW1 "atmosphere" but some heavy bickering and whinging about whom should be in charge.
I'll watch it again if nothing better is on the box.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top