Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:57 PM

Re: Well, what would YOU do ?

Draw it all out and go on the run in The Bahamas!

Well, it's never going to happen is it!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 08:02 AM

I read this article in last night's Mail Online, and annoyingly, her family are backing her action. What a bunch of crooks! No-body but no-body receives that kind of money into their bank account, so she had absolutely no excuse to play the innocent (or dumbo) in thinking it was rightfully hers.

She's now asking the nation 'what would you do?' Which to me still beggars belief! She is still trying to justify herself. Thankfully, online comments swung heavily to fierce criticism of her, with thousands of green arrows in response, so it seems that most of us would be honest and give it back.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 08:50 AM

My immediate thought would also be to tell the Bank ... but ... just suppose you'd been told you had only a few months left to live and knew it would not be discovered in that time.

Would you be tempted to spend it ?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
My immediate thought would also be to tell the Bank ... but ... just suppose you'd been told you had only a few months left to live and knew it would not be discovered in that time.

Yeah .

Banks bloody fault. They have caused so much harm to this country so as far as I'm concerned tough titty.

On a more rational note though if you told them would you get a reward? Doubt it.

B*******
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Now I certainly would be tempted to spend the money if I noticed it.

But would spend all my time worrying about cause I know I would be found out.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 10:15 AM

You would only pass the debt to your next of kin, you can't win the establishment have always beaten the poor.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
You would only pass the debt to your next of kin
So what ?

What if your next of kin was so far removed that you'd never even heard of them ?

Would that matter to you ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 10:24 PM

Be nice to draw it all out & give it to people who need it...
astrolady
Field
astrolady is female  astrolady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 12:41 AM

I'd be so scared,i'd inform them immediately ...YIKES !!
Of course i know it's not mine and eventually i'd be found out if i spent it !

I'm an honest person (i think! ) and would feel guilty/embarrassed etc
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 07:20 AM

I think if I had just been told I had months to live spend large amounts of money would be pretty low on my priorities.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top