Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 12:00 PM

Re: Condensation ? ?

Maybe give it one more try with the family - they surely can't be happy about the situation. Judging by the next door neighbours experience, it's a serious problem.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Maybe give it one more try with the family - they surely can't be happy about the situation. Judging by the next door neighbours experience, it's a serious problem.
Yes - I'm giving it one more try .....
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 01:52 PM

You can buy a dehumidifier to take the moisture out but it will cost money.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 02:01 PM

You can buy a small de-humidifier quite cheaply nowadays ... in fact Aldi had them instore this week ... I've had one for years and they do work and don't cost much to run.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
You can buy a small de-humidifier quite cheaply nowadays ... in fact Aldi had them instore this week ... I've had one for years and they do work and don't cost much to run.
Hello Myrtle - thanks for the info, just had a look on line and at least it may prevent the situation getting any worse, its certainly worth a go. Now have to get onto family member to OK it ..........

Thanks Gabi x
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2014, 10:16 PM

We have an Ebac dehumidifier and wouldn't be without it. It does a really good job of clearing condensation and you should see how much water it collects in just 24 hours.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 10:20 AM

The lower edges of my windows are always covered in condensation on cold winter mornings. I give them a wipe with some kitchen roll. It only happens when its been a very cold night though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The lower edges of my windows are always covered in condensation on cold winter mornings. I give them a wipe with some kitchen roll. It only happens when its been a very cold night though.
If only that was all she had to contend with ........
I've ordered the dehumidifier, so should be a help 'till' something is done ........
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2014, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
If only that was all she had to contend with ........
I've ordered the dehumidifier, so should be a help 'till' something is done ........
Try to make sure something is done and not just shelved. The dehumidifier might cope with the problem but the underlying problem is still there.

A bit like a doctor dealing with the symptoms and not addressing the disease causing the problem.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

04-11-2014, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Try to make sure something is done and not just shelved. The dehumidifier might cope with the problem but the underlying problem is still there.

A bit like a doctor dealing with the symptoms and not addressing the disease causing the problem.
I agree - its just a meantime thing to control it, I hope !

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top