Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 08:00 PM

A 1 Pass Or Waste of time ?

Yesterday I had to go to my Drs for a 'Health check' I had to count back from 20 + months of the year.What month/year are we in? Remember this address [ a make up address]. I Passed all tests A1. Then asked did I get depressed ? 'Well sometimes but I am able to get out & see/talk to friends', Do I worry over anything? Yes the same as all us oldies do ,' How will I be able to care for myself as I get older'.Do I have /want any help 'No'. Do I care for anyone ? 'Yes ,my son, who has health conditions '[.all this is on record his & mine ] Do I know where to go if Im feeling ill ? ' Yes', Have I been in A&E in the past year ? 'Yes 3 x' [again all on my record]. Do I know you can ring 111 for help? 'Yes, but not medical people are they ? No, was reply, but they can put you in touch with the right service, you can talk to someone , go to a walk in centre , or maybe a Dr to visit [ Really !!]. I was not asked how I get on with my medication, or if I needed any, I was not given a chance to ask any questions, when I mentioned a couple of concerns I was told my medication often causes side affects. I was given an address of local Carers assoc.,and told to get in touch with them re caring for my son,and that was the end of my 10 minute visit [ which was 15 minute late ]
This seems to me a waste of time,I didnt learn anything from it,and Im sure that doing this test once a year doesnt help G.Ps
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 09:23 PM

Re: A 1 Pass Or Waste of time ?

Sounds like the first parts of the test, are the ones given if there are concerns with onset of Dementia
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 09:33 PM

more boxes ticked .... more cash for the GP's
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
more boxes ticked .... more cash for the GP's

Spot om Mytle, do they not get paid £300 for each patient found with the onset of dementia ?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 10:29 AM

One of my clients received a phone call from her doctor

" do you wish to be resuscitated " answer no
" do you want to die at home" answer yes

Thankyou Mrs Smith , goodbye .

This is true , my client told me

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top