Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Childhood Toys

What was your favourite, mine was my paper doll and meccano - loverly
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 02:11 PM

Re: Childhood Toys

you are getting me started again!! I had an enormous collection of plastic models,not just airfix(they were good) but also more obscure companies to find that one Japanese plane from WW2.

Every penny I had went on them they were my pride-when we moved the evil one just threw them away. I hated him from my earliest memory
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
you are getting me started again!! I had an enormous collection of plastic models,not just airfix(they were good) but also more obscure companies to find that one Japanese plane from WW2.

Every penny I had went on them they were my pride-when we moved the evil one just threw them away. I hated him from my earliest memory
I can well understand losing items you loved - same here ....
AIRFIX ! How I wish I'd tried one of those, I'd have enjoyed making one - I guess its never too late
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 02:46 PM

My brother and me had a great collection of toy soldiers, the lead ones not the plastic crap they brought out later, there was a great feel to the lead soldiers and they all had to be hand painted in the factory before they left, too many different colours to be done by machine, when the heads would come off in the heat of battle we used a bit of matchstick dipped in Bostik to stick them back on again. We spent many many happy hours creating battle scenes together, we had Cowboys and Indians too and our Dad made us a lovely wooden Fort.
We also had Farm sets and the Farmer and his Wife were well rounded and jolly looking, all that good grub no doubt.
If they were to give you lead poisoning then we and millions of other kids would be dead long ago.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 02:55 PM

My teddy , I still have him now in his 60's minus his feet (don't ask)
David B
Lancashire, England
David B is male  David B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:09 PM

Reckon one of my favourites was a building kit called Bayko, maybe a forerunner of the modern Lego. See link for description.

http://www.bayko.org.uk/index.html?h....htm&mainFrame
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2014, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by David B ->
Reckon one of my favourites was a building kit called Bayko, maybe a forerunner of the modern Leo. See link for description.

http://www.bayko.org.uk/index.html?h....htm&mainFrame
It looks fantastic - never heard of this, which is a shame .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2014, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My brother and me had a great collection of toy soldiers, the lead ones not the plastic crap they brought out later, there was a great feel to the lead soldiers and they all had to be hand painted in the factory before they left, too many different colours to be done by machine, when the heads would come off in the heat of battle we used a bit of matchstick dipped in Bostik to stick them back on again. We spent many many happy hours creating battle scenes together, we had Cowboys and Indians too and our Dad made us a lovely wooden Fort.
We also had Farm sets and the Farmer and his Wife were well rounded and jolly looking, all that good grub no doubt.
If they were to give you lead poisoning then we and millions of other kids would be dead long ago.
I loved cowboys and Indians, I was always the Indian
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:25 PM

I remember the Skates i had off my cousin , the old type ones that you could fit to shoe size, and i had a Whip and Top at Easter,
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2014, 03:27 PM

I had a Triang 00 gauge railway layout with two locos. Pity we had such a small house that I couldn't keep it permanently assembled. ... BUT....
my favourite was a Meccano set, complete with a gear set and motor.

In my teens, I was given a large Scalextric set, but by then I had outgrown such things and I didn't bother much with it. My folks were very out of touch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top