Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:35 PM

Meeting the Ex.

Hi

Any of you ever done it, just unexpectedly come across them?

I did, this morning.

Clinic was changed due to refurbishment, so went to a different one.

Ventured forth to the Bank, my local branches having closed, and then for a coffee, in she came.

My first serious relationship after the mother of my kids divorce .

What a difference, still tall, but not blonde or a business suit.

A size 20 at least, not a size 6/8, multi coloured hair and shabby chic, totally different to her previous persona.

What a difference 10 years makes, I would never have thought it.

She has a nose piercing and tats, so totally different.

A very strange encounter.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:02 PM

Re: Meeting the Ex.

Oh dear Swimmy, how disappointing for you. It's sad when you have a vision of someone you were with years ago and then come face to face with them and you are shocked at how they have changed and that vision is shattered.

How many of us see former classmates and take in a deep breath at just how OLD they look. Then you remember you are the same age but have thankfully worn much better through the years. (phew!)

I well remember at the age of 15, being madly in love with a boy and he with me. We even wrote our initials in a heart on the wall in the train station waiting room. It is no longer used now and locked up but if I am standing on the platform and look through the dirty window, I can still see the heart on the wall. I thought it was a lasting love (12 months) he was my first real love, but he moved away with his family and I never saw him again until he walked into the family business 24 years later with a girl on his arm. But my god, what a change, He had hair down to his shoulders, dressed much too young for his age, and his long blonde hair was not even tied back! he also seemed to be shorter than I remembered (or I had grown taller!) My lovely vision of him was shattered forever too. So I truly sympathise with you Swimmy. Memories are precious and it is sad when they become a "Thank God" instead.

Never mind Swimmy, you had a lucky escape !!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:05 PM

Only school friends I'm usually amazed at how old they look or how fat they got considering I was fat kid at school that gives me a certain feeling of satisfaction. Best one was an old pe teacher, she had put on so much weight she was bigger than me, I was tempted to yell at her fat girl climb that rope, but resisted
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:27 PM

Who knows what paths people lives take or what obstacles they face after theirs and our lives part.

Cherish the memories , dont judge by today , had you followed the same path things might have been different.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:39 PM

Well Swims, I want to know what happened next!

So you saw this lady you knew, but did you buy her coffee?
Did she come and join you?
Did she think YOU had changed in 10 years well? (Have you)?

Or was it one of those embarrassing moments when you both looked away and pretended you hadn't seen each other?

I do like an end to a story.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any of you ever done it, just unexpectedly come across them?

I did, this morning.

Clinic was changed due to refurbishment, so went to a different one.

Ventured forth to the Bank, my local branches having closed, and then for a coffee, in she came.

My first serious relationship after the mother of my kids divorce .

What a difference, still tall, but not blonde or a business suit.

A size 20 at least, not a size 6/8, multi coloured hair and shabby chic, totally different to her previous persona.

What a difference 10 years makes, I would never have thought it.

She has a nose piercing and tats, so totally different.

A very strange encounter.
swimmy, Is this your ex wife that was a practising barrister?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Don't think so Art. He said in the 5th line down it was "his first serious relationship after the mother of my kids divorce."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Hi

Nope, Ex wife was never a barrister, the one I met today was.

Ex Wife lives on the other side of the Country, I cannot ever envisage us meeting up again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope, Ex wife was never a barrister, the one I met today was.

Ex Wife lives on the other side of the Country, I cannot ever envisage us meeting up again.
I thought you'd been married twice as you have mentioned in threads the huge payouts (£300k plus!) you had to pay them on divorce.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

04-08-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well Swims, I want to know what happened next!

So you saw this lady you knew, but did you buy her coffee?
Did she come and join you?
Did she think YOU had changed in 10 years well? (Have you)?

Or was it one of those embarrassing moments when you both looked away and pretended you hadn't seen each other?

I do like an end to a story.
Hi

She was with a man, so nothing other than a startled look from either of us.

As for me, I have put on weight, I am a 36 inch waist, no longer a 34 inch.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top