Join for free
Page 6 of 46 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 02:11 PM

Re: Sarah Everard

Yes I have . There is a lot to come out I feel it's all rather odd . Non the less a beautiful girl has died and obviously a corrupt police officer involved
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Yes I have . There is a lot to come out I feel it's all rather odd . Non the less a beautiful girl has died and obviously a corrupt police officer involved
I assume we will learn more in time but it is worrying when somebody, who is employed to keep the law, is committing crimes like indecent exposure, even if he is found innocent of Sarah's murder.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Has anybody else heard that the suspect (ie the policeman) had indecently exposed himself a few days before Sarah's disappearance?
Hi Twink yes I heard that on the news and it appears that a couple of colleagues may have handle the IE complaints lightly .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56368531

Sometimes sexual deviants display behaviour that can escalate so they may start off with self exposure/'peeping tom' activity then progress to rape or murder. So any deviant behaviour should be noted .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 03:13 PM

Poor soul....the remains they found have been confirmed as hers. Gosh her poor family.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Has anybody else heard that the suspect (ie the policeman) had indecently exposed himself a few days before Sarah's disappearance?
Yes in a fast food restaurant and the real tragedy is that this happened three days before Sarah's abduction and two police officers who investigated obviously covered up for him .
Had he been arrested at the time Sarah would in all probability be alive now.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
This is awful and I am confused as what has happened, I know a beautiful young girl has been found buried and a military policeman and his girl friend arrested . What on earth has happened

Why was this policeman being watched beforehand
He was a serving Metropolitan policeman, Susan, not a military policeman.

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Can't argue with the fact that another such crime has been committed by a bloke.

That's understood, and there must be much more prevention, more police, more whatever is needed.

On the other hand, the media is hammering away at the idea that the victim is in no way at fault.

I think that needs a little consideration, as well.

Surely, we should be allowed to suggest that walking home, late at night, maybe with an expensive mobile phone, in one's hand, then taking a short cut, across a Park, etc., is an obvious build up of risks!?

Time for reminders at Schools?

1) Never walk home alone, especially after dark.
2) If walking, even as a group, avoid areas "off the main street"
3) If you do have a mobile phone, in hand, keep connected to Someone (Mum?) as you walk.

Animals have fright triggers, which might stop them taking risks, Humans need to get used to the idea that an attack is very possible & how should they prepare for it.

Many seem to assume that "It won't happen to Me"

Finally, any offender should be taken off the streets for several years, not let back out there as it is suggested that this one was.

Just an opinion!
You can add 4) Carry a rape/personal attack alarm at all times to your list Ted. They're cheap enough from Amazon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Suedonim ->
You don’t get it, do you? Women live with this fear all the time when they are out. All the time. How often do men walk with along with their hearts thumping with fright because there are footsteps closing in on you from behind? How many men walk with their keys clasped in their hands, to be ready for an attack?

How often have men been kerb-crawled, cat-called, wolf-whistled? Have the men here ever been cornered by a senior colleague making sexual comments? Anyone ever dry-humped you on the Tube?

Women have to think about this all the time! We can’t tell which men are the goodies and which are the baddies. It’s not just about dark parks or what we wear, it’s about our entire public lives.
I often have my keys in my hand ready for some nut case to jump out, particularly at night and particularly when walking my dog. I also keep a metal pen in my pocket which I wouldn't hesitate to use on an attacker.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I often have my keys in my hand ready for some nut case to jump out, particularly at night and particularly when walking my dog. I also keep a metal pen in my pocket which I wouldn't hesitate to use on an attacker.
The sad thing is that you would be the one having to prove that you used it in self defence
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
The sad thing is that you would be the one having to prove that you used it in self defence
Yes, I know but I would still be prepared to do it, even though I would end up in trouble.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

12-03-2021, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I know but I would still be prepared to do it, even though I would end up in trouble.
What a world, eh...?

Page 6 of 46 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top