Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2021, 09:48 PM

Re: No sweets/no sugar diet

So do you know how much of your protein doesn't turn to sugar OGF? Because there is only so much you need and the rest goes to sugar/fat.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
I am currently on a very strict NO SWEETS diet. It has been working for me. What it is, is I don't have anything sweet or anything that contains high amounts of sugar. Cakes, cookies, pastries, bread, sugary drinks, anything sugary and sweet. I started the diet two Saturdays ago and I have lost two or three pounds so far. Also, I've been taking in less food.

I will definitely continue with this diet.
Has this change affected your Poop routine?

This is important to consider when making a radical change to an established eating routine.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So do you know how much of your protein doesn't turn to sugar OGF? Because there is only so much you need and the rest goes to sugar/fat.
It's a bit outside of my field of expertise Annie, I only know how to fuel up to run a long way....
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by annju_13 ->
Bread turns into sugar and carbs, which makes me gain weight. I can have wheat bread though. Wheat has less sugar and carbs.
Does that include pasta, rice, sauces thickened with cornflour, pastry, potatoes and anything else that has carbohydrates?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 12:36 PM

So how is the diet going ? You haven’t been back to tell us?
Feeling more energetic? Light headed?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Does that include pasta, rice, sauces thickened with cornflour, pastry, potatoes and anything else that has carbohydrates?
Yes it does PooBear, I used to load up for a marathon eating all those things you posted. Trouble is.....I'm not running marathons anymore....
Mystic56
New Member!
Canada
Mystic56 is female 

10-04-2021, 04:01 PM

I am trying to to do this. I had done this, and did loose and felt so much better. Some how I managed to fall from that focus, and gain around 20 pounds back. I must get into this mind set again soon. I drank lots of water, ate a lot of a vegetables that I lacked in my diet, limited fatty meats among other things. Good on you! Very inspiring.
HippyChick27
New Member!
Maryland, USA
HippyChick27 is female 

28-04-2021, 05:02 PM

Congratulations! Keep it up and let us know how you are doing!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 07:32 PM

Last year we had a bloke here doing some odd jobs, offered him tea, yes please, two sugars. We looked through every cupboard, couldn't find any processed sugar. It's decades since we had any in the house.

OK, we do occasionally eat something processed, but rarely. It's natural fruit sugars only for us.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-04-2021, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Last year we had a bloke here doing some odd jobs, offered him tea, yes please, two sugars. We looked through every cupboard, couldn't find any processed sugar. It's decades since we had any in the house.

OK, we do occasionally eat something processed, but rarely. It's natural fruit sugars only for us.
Don't expect me coming round for tea anytime soon d00d...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top