Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 04:12 PM

Re: In my garden

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
The result of scooting around on my bum for five hours weeding the flower beds. Once again the planking, dry stone and timber edgings all my own work. Yes I dragged the stocks of timber into place and erected them on my own - took me a couple of weeks. I did have a little help with the fence planks though - I couldn't reach high enough to put the top row of screws in.

The nesting box is inhabited by a pair of great tits
That's really lovely Ulla you are an inspiration to us all....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
The result of scooting around on my bum for five hours weeding the flower beds. Once again the planking, dry stone and timber edgings all my own work. Yes I dragged the stocks of timber into place and erected them on my own - took me a couple of weeks. I did have a little help with the fence planks though - I couldn't reach high enough to put the top row of screws in.

The nesting box is inhabited by a pair of great tits
What a lovely garden Ullabi!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2021, 11:28 PM

I love your garden Ullabi.

In the first picture could you tell me if there's something round the edge of the lawn to stop the gravel/pebbles getting on the grass?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 04:51 AM

Looks lovely,Ullabi, look forward to seeing that pond when it’s up and running.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 05:27 AM

Looking great .....I'm playing catch up with mine at the moment I know I'll never win
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 06:06 AM

Ullabi well done! You are an inspiration in what you accomplish despite your problems.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2021, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's really lovely Ulla you are an inspiration to us all....
Seconded
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

27-05-2021, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I love your garden Ullabi.

In the first picture could you tell me if there's something round the edge of the lawn to stop the gravel/pebbles getting on the grass?
Hi Carol,

Thanks for your comments about my garden.

Yes I have plastic edging between the gravel and the lawn. It was relatively inexpensive in comparison to other edging and unlike the plastic edging that comess in rolls it's very durable and the trimmer wire doesn't break it.

It was very easy to install. Once I'd decided on the shape I wanted I laid out three layers of geotextile to separate the earth from the gravel and stop weeds coming through. Then I laid out the edging on top and fastened it through the geotextile with the pegs that were included. It's very flexible and bends easily to the shape you want. Finally I cut the geotextile along the front edge with a carpet knife. Then all that was left to do was spread the gravel and rake it out. I've also got a small round flower bed that I used the same edging for.

I noticed in some films that people put the edging down before the geotextile. I did it the other way round so the edging anchors the geotextile and there's no risk of gravel coming out underneath where the ground's a bit uneven.

I did the layout and laid the geotextile and edging last autumn and spread the gravel last month.

Here's a link to a short film about the edging. In the USA they have a similar product called EasyFlex

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqbsav...ature=youtu.be

Ulla
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

27-05-2021, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Your garden is lovely & I have just looked at how the shishi odoshi work. It is amazing that something like that would discourage the deer.
Apparently it's the noise of the bamboo pipe hitting the stone when it's emptied and falls back onto the stone that's supposed to frighten the deer.

When I get started on my shishi odoshi I'll post some pictures
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2021, 07:18 AM

love the look of your garden, quite an achievement, and thanks for letting us have a look

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top