Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:37 PM

Re: Watching Rome Burn

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Correct.

However, providing that police are available in the necessary numbers and able to proceed quickly to where needed, the two can work together very efficiently.

As I said on another thread on a similar topic today, I'd like to see far more security cameras high on the sides of buildings (out of reach of yobs and vandals) along with a restoration of police numbers decimated by that incompetent Treason May.
Are you happy to have security cameras in your bathroom and bedroom?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Are you happy to have security cameras in your bathroom and bedroom?
Probably no more unhappy than the poor sod who has to monitor them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2021, 09:31 PM

Both are pointless if the majority of criminals are let off.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 01:02 AM

If people are happy with being monitored outside their homes they should be just as happy to have people watching what they do inside their homes.

A friend was saying that when they have online meetings at work when working from home, everything they say is recorded so none of their conversations are relaxed and she has to talk to people on the phone to feel relaxed about what she says. Company policy.

When I was working in an office I would not feel comfortable having a conversation if it was being recorded. I'd be very guarded about what I said.

Anyone ever see the film "lives of others" about the Stasi in Germany during commie years? Excellent film if you haven't and highly recommended. But watch it and you tell me if you would be happy having someone sit in the attic of your apartment block listening to everything you are saying then up that to having a camera in your house with the same person watching every move.

If people's behaviour is being recorded at work for example to safeguard the vulnerable then it should be explicitly stated to them that they are being recorded and watched.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-06-2021, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Both are pointless if the majority of criminals are let off.
Yes precisely so. The prison system is heaving as it is so it's not in their interests to have long sentences.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-06-2021, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Probably no more unhappy than the poor sod who has to monitor them.
We will probably end up with bots doing that too. Picking up the wrong word and accusing people of thought crime.

I wonder how many people who don't like woke would be happy if their conversations were monitored and they were accused of being racist or other ist and ended up with a criminal record based on a voice recording picked up by a politically correct bot.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If people are happy with being monitored outside their homes they should be just as happy to have people watching what they do inside their homes.
"Should" according to what principle or law? Aren't we free to decide for ourselves what we are happy about?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 05:16 AM

Hi

Some serious misconceptions here, and an ignorance of the law.

Covert surveillance in private properties, your own homes, is legally restricted.

The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, which has been hugely tightened up.

In your workplace, you need to read your Contract of Employment.

In most cases it is specified in that.

Government is different, you will be watched, admittedly at different levels, but it is the norm.

It is a Security Issue.

It is no great shakes, it is there to protect you as well as protect sensitive information.

It is not just cameras, it is your movements inside the building and which IT Systems you access.

Police and Civilian Staff are prosecuted for unauthorised access to information, if you are not prosecuted, you can still be sacked.

If you work in a high risk environment, such as Cabinet Ministers, you will be monitored by CCTV.

So what?

It is there to protect you.

If you are at high risk, for example Cabinet Ministers and office staff with access to very sensitive information, your life is not your own, you are positively vetted, which is far more intrusive.

Personal foibles are not an issue provided they do not pose a risk.

This is the issue with the Matt Hancock thing.

It should not have been made Public.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

28-06-2021, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Some serious misconceptions here,
I'm not sure I would go along with "serious" when the worst consequence of the misconceptions is likely to be no more than a few heated exchanges on an internet forum. Besides, most discussions among the general public are based on misconceptions.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'm not sure I would go along with "serious" when the worst consequence of the misconceptions is likely to be no more than a few heated exchanges on an internet forum. Besides, most discussions among the general public are based on misconceptions.
Hi

One , do not be so dismissive of the intelligence of members on here.

Two, you know exactly what you are doing.

It is not funny.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top