Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 02:10 PM

Re: Another U turn!

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
People are rightly concerned about the amount spent on track and trace.

A significant detail that big decisions with vast spending implications being made in a blind rush by ministers in total panic.
What "people"?
The average person in the street doesn't care and generally speaking the only sheeple that care are those delusional souls that fall for the media's carp.

All that people care about are themselves and their loved ones, and here in this country and for now we are all extremely priviliged to be in a far, far better position than most of the rest of the world is.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I've no problem with ID cards personally, we already have to have such as photo driving licence or a passport for so many reasons to prove our identity, so why not for voting? Just seems logical to me...
Exactly. I have a photo driving license, a photo bus pass, a passport (expired but ...) all with various bits of personal info on them so, why not combine them into one all-encompassing ID card?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Exactly. I have a photo driving license, a photo bus pass, a passport (expired but ...) all with various bits of personal info on them so, why not combine them into one all-encompassing ID card?
But, Percy, don't you mind the clomp of hobnail boots marching across your bridge of liberty and freedom?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
But, Percy, don't you mind the clomp of hobnail boots marching across your bridge of liberty and freedom?
I don't understand, Harbal. Why should a photo ID card be a loss in personal freedom when I've already got photo ID under different names?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Do people still wear hobnail boots Harbal

I am happy to say my bridge of liberty and freedom is still standing , I don't suffer from paranoia
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I am happy to say my bridge of liberty and freedom is still standing , I don't suffer from paranoia
The staff in his wing do, Meg
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 03:57 PM

UK Parliament website.

£37 billion over two years.

Meg Hillier MP, Chair of the Public Accounts Committee, said:

"The £22 billion for test and trace is about the annual budget of the Department for Transport. Test and Trace still continues to pay for consultants at £1000 a day.

Yet despite the unimaginable resources thrown at this project Test and Trace cannot point to a measurable difference to the progress of the pandemic, and the promise on which this huge expense was justified - avoiding another lockdown – has been broken, twice.

British taxpayers cannot be treated by Government like an ATM machine. We need to see a clear plan and costs better controlled."
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:17 PM

I don't understand, Harbal. Why should a photo ID card be a loss in personal freedom when I've already got photo ID under different names?
Only Gaz can answer that, Percy.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

20-07-2021, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
According to Gaz, yes, very much so, Meg.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 04:32 PM

Indeed.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ts/ar-BB1f0sbo

Final decisions are yet to be made, as everyone across Government stresses – but the willingness to countenance such checks is a leap beyond what ministers were saying even two months ago. It is also just one area in which previously unthinkable political positions are being considered by a Conservative Government following a year of struggle against Covid.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top