Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:46 PM

Re: I've noticed a disturbing trend

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I must say if/when I get a more powerful computer I might be temped to get a prog caller Luminar AI. It does instant sky replacements (your choice of sky) with the reflexion to match.

Beautiful. Great PP job.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Tampering with a photo isn't a true photograph to me.

A photographer should have confidence in his/her photo, if not, take another one to try to improve on it.

I agree, 100% Mags.

I know others won't agree, but I also don't like the trend of making a beautiful coloured photo into a boring old black and white one either. Can't for the life of me see the point in that.
You miss so much of the lovely surroundings when they drain all colour away. It makes people look ill!

We don't look at something and see it in black and white, after all, so it not a true likeness to me.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Beautiful. Great PP job.
It is impressive isn't it. Not mine just something I googled.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:04 PM

There's a photo contest site that has thousands of photographers of all stages showing their efforts. Entering into the spirit of it means rating each other's photos.

There are some exceptionally good photos displayed. Black & white, colour, edited and unedited are all acceptable entries. It's the overall impression (a 'Wow' factor even) that seems important.

I have to say that I can see why the winners are at the top and mine will never get there. I'm lucky if any of my photos get voted into the top 20% but I keep trying.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:15 PM

So long as you keep having fun, Mart and don't get disheartened!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Right now there are tons of video's teaching photographers how to do things like replace the sky in a photo. To add elements that weren't there to make the photo more interesting.

I don't like it, simply because to me when you change elements like this you no longer have a photograph. You still have art and it was technically made with a camera, however you did not capture a moment in time, you changed it to a fake moment in time. Some of these photos are actually really good, and I am extremely disappointed when I see a Fantastic photo, only to find it really wasn't that fantastic at all. I am not angry with the people that do this. It is their form of expression. I am simply worried that in the future you won't be able to tell if someone is a good photographer or simply a post processing whiz.
I think that is already the case, not just photos but on film too. Sometimes they show a British Seaside on TV and the sea looks like the Indian Ocean.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2021, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I worked in advertising for many years, you should see what goes on there. The care taken with displaying food products for press and magazine advertisements would really amaze you!
I have seen that too Baz.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Re: The bubble photos, there I was overlooking this great view when all these 'scene bubbles' came towards me. This is the picture just as I saw it ..and I am a liar.

I like that .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I must say if/when I get a more powerful computer I might be temped to get a prog caller Luminar AI. It does instant sky replacements (your choice of sky) with the reflexion to match.

That's impressive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-07-2021, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
There's a photo contest site that has thousands of photographers of all stages showing their efforts. Entering into the spirit of it means rating each other's photos.

There are some exceptionally good photos displayed. Black & white, colour, edited and unedited are all acceptable entries. It's the overall impression (a 'Wow' factor even) that seems important.

I have to say that I can see why the winners are at the top and mine will never get there. I'm lucky if any of my photos get voted into the top 20% but I keep trying.
I bet that is an absolute nightmare, some photographers can be so critical.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top