Join for free
Page 11 of 40 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:44 PM

Re: Trolls

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Kind of like a "diluted" troll. .
I like that description
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:47 PM

You won't have a tooth left in your head with all that sweet popcorn Mark.
Well I tend to eat it now without any topping. Then again I did sprinkle some icing sugar on this lot .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:50 PM

You'll be all 'gummy' in your next picture, don't say I didn't warn ya.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:52 PM

You'll be all 'gummy' in your next picture, don't say I didn't warn ya.
A toofless wum. Bit of a contradiction really .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
You wanna example? Ok here goes. A heavyweight 'wum' response designed to get your back up and to retaliate in kind.

THIS IS A WUM EXAMPLE .

You don't know what a 'Wind up merchant' means? What the hell? Have you been hiding under a rock or something? For goodness sake get a grip and take note of stuff around you. Sheesh. Another typical blinkered woman only interested in her own narrow view of the world. Not nice.

See what I mean by the above. You are bound to reply heatedly to such a response.

'Wind Up Merchant' means, in effect, a person that annoys you just for the hell of it.

*more popcorn needed *
But that seems pretty "Trollie" to me MK....It's pretty insulting.. If a WUM is a deluted troll... then I think THIS would be more like a WUM remark.

"Gosh...I thought EVERYBODY knew what a WUM was.. Most Informed people do.. I didn't think I had to explain. Sorry"

See... that way.. you are cutting down someones intelligence without REALLY being that nasty...YET the person it's directed at feels insulted but cannot put their finger on the exact insult... If they do.. the WUM will then counter..

" Sorry.. I didn't mean to be insulting to anyone. I just thought it was a well known acronym" The WUM is off the hook.... lol!! easy peasy. If someone is a skilled WUM.. they can skirt right up to the line of being insulting without really crossing it or breaking any forum rules. A WUM can really piss people off and claim innocence., and even surprise when the person takes the bait.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
But that seems pretty "Trollie" to me MK....It's pretty insulting.. If a WUM is a deluted troll... then I think THIS would be more like a WUM remark.

"Gosh...I thought EVERYBODY knew what a WUM was.. Most Informed people do.. I didn't think I had to explain. Sorry"

See... that way.. you are cutting down someones intelligence without REALLY being that nasty...YET the person it's directed at feels insulted but cannot put their finger on the exact insult... If they do.. the WUM will then counter..

" Sorry.. I didn't mean to be insulting to anyone. I just thought it was a well known acronym" The WUM is off the hook.... lol!! easy peasy. If someone is a skilled WUM.. they can skirt right up to the line of being insulting without really crossing it or breaking any forum rules. A WUM can really piss people off and claim innocence., and even surprise when the person takes the bait.
Me thinks you could out WUM our resident WUM Audrey !
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 02:09 PM

Well kinda but if you think about it which is the one you would definitely reply too? Lets face it you have to reply to mine as I directly insulted you (and also every other woman on the forum), whereas with yours they would just sulk probably.

The line between being a 'troll' or a 'wum' is definitely blurred. I tend to think 'trolls' are contentious thread starters and not really people who argue about everything under the sun as a 'wum' does. Added to this mix are just nasty vindictive people who pick on someone or everyone.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well kinda but if you think about it which is the one you would definitely reply too? Lets face it you have to reply to mine as I directly insulted you (and also every other woman on the forum), whereas with yours they would just sulk probably.

The line between being a 'troll' or a 'wum' is definitely blurred. I tend to think 'trolls' are contentious thread starters and not really people who argue about everything under the sun as a 'wum' does. Added to this mix are just nasty vindictive people who pick on someone or everyone.
I think it depends on your motives.. Are you looking to pick a fight? OR are you just looking to make someone feel insulted? Neither one is particularly nice.. but the latter is less inflamatory to the board. However, I have to disagree.. people WILL respond to it. It can be amusing to see how they do. Some take the bait... some refuse to.. some are oblivious. lol!!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

26-11-2013, 02:27 PM

I think it depends on your motives.. Are you looking to pick a fight? OR are you just looking to make someone feel insulted? Neither one is particularly nice.. but the latter is less inflamatory to the board. However, I have to disagree.. people WILL respond to it. It can be amusing to see how they do. Some take the bait... some refuse to.. some are oblivious. lol!!
To be honest I used to do it a lot just for a laugh. I would get in hysterics the more heated people became. It was my strange form of entertainment. Bear in mind I would be doing this on a gaming forum populated with testosterone filled young men. I didn't realise I was being a 'wum' at the time as it was just my wicked sense of humour fuelling it all. I had an absolute ball and so did the people responding to me I think .

I happened to be a very good player in an online game which the forum was catering for and they would try their damndest to kill me in the game and also to best me on the forum - it never happened . What a laugh it all was.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2013, 02:31 PM

I dont get it Mark - if you dont 'mean' what you say, whats the bloomin point in posting, you would come across as a 'jerk' to me ...

Page 11 of 40 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top