Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:17 AM

Woman in Black

Saw the newer version of this last night, for me the 80s version was superb, compared to this.
Lacking atmosphere, lethargic, and special effects were like a ghost train ride.
Acting was lacklustre and dull.

Have you seen both versions ......?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Re: Woman in Black

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Saw the newer version of this last night, for me the 80s version was superb, compared to this.
Lacking atmosphere, lethargic, and special effects were like a ghost train ride.
Acting was lacklustre and dull.

Have you seen both versions ......?
Hi Patsy yes I enjoyed them both but preferred reading the book to either of them for 'atmosphere' .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 09:21 AM

Hi Meg
You can tell I was disappointed
I kept the 80s version anyway ......
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:03 AM

I have only seen the latest version and thought it was quite good actually, but I've never seen the original (nor did I know it existed admittedly) so have nothing to compare it to.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 10:27 AM

I echo what Oldbugger just said i too didnt know or seen a previous version .
I thought the latest version was really good , first time i watched it was on a girls night at my daughters house ,and while we watched it very late at night creepy things happened ,like her floor boards were creaking at appropriate moments , but the most odd and scary thing that happened was a old woman who lived opposite started watching us from her bedroom window ,she stood for an age at the window.We were sitting in the dark watching this film on DVD.After it had finished the 6 ladies who watched it then walked home in darkness no street lights with a woodland on oneside .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2014, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I echo what Oldbugger just said i too didnt know or seen a previous version .
I thought the latest version was really good , first time i watched it was on a girls night at my daughters house ,and while we watched it very late at night creepy things happened ,like her floor boards were creaking at appropriate moments , but the most odd and scary thing that happened was a old woman who lived opposite started watching us from her bedroom window ,she stood for an age at the window.We were sitting in the dark watching this film on DVD.After it had finished the 6 ladies who watched it then walked home in darkness no street lights with a woodland on oneside .
'giggle'
Mmmm maybe I should have watched in atmospheric conditions although the first one had my attention without that, just a matter of taste of course .....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 02:38 PM

I was given the "Woman in Black" DVD last Christmas and really enjoyed it. It was interesting to see Daniel Radcliffe in something other than Harry Potter

I had nothing to compare it with though, didn't know there was an earlier film and I hadn't read the book.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2014, 04:04 PM

Tut ..... I'm so hard to please - that's my problem
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:47 PM

Have to admit not seen the film, or read the book. I don't like being scared though, so praps I'd better do the book first?!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:53 PM

I really enjoyed it! Must look up the original! The stage show is supposed to be very good.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top