Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: How multicultural is where you live?

It's very multicultural in the little village where I live...
There are a few people from Lancashire, some geordies, and loads of southerners.....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 11:48 AM

The only Foreigners where I live are English..sheesh!..I can't understand a word They say
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:13 PM

Every nationally under the sun here in LBHF.

According to the 2001 census Hammersmith and Fulham has a population of 165,242. 60% of the borough's population is White British, 20% white non-British (among which are large French, Polish, Portuguese and Irish communities), 5% black Caribbean, 8% black African with various other ethnicities (including Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Chinese) making up the remaining 11 percent. wiki

It's changed a lot since 2001 ... there's now more Black Africans I'm sure. But in recent years (5 or 10) Fulham's popularity with the yuppy types has spread north to Hammersmith.

I think there's a fantastic atmosphere, no discrimination, we all live side by side.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:22 PM

I think we are mostly white Christian . Although I'm noticing more cultures now . Being a small seaside town I guess not too many cultures will come to live as wages are minimum pay mostly .

Can I ask a question of you all ,. Do you find that those of different cultures intricate with you or do they stay within their own community .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Mostly here we are English. It's a small town, but rapidly getting larger. Got a few Chinese & Indian & Greek, with the food takeaways & Resteraunt. There isn't the money down here for hoards of immigrants to want to live here. Plymouth is more multi-racial.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:41 PM

I live in the Peoples Republic of Brentford (illegally annexed by the London Borough of Hounslow). The 2011 census showed that Hounslow Borough had a 40% White British population, with 11% other white people, and 49% Asian, Black and other non-white ethnic minorities. In the past seven years this will have changed substantially with a large influx of Eastern Europeans (especially Polish) and a much higher birthrate amongst minority ethnic populations (although they may already actually be majority ethnic populations). Hounslow's birth rate is the 4th highest in London - well above the London and National Average.
Having said all that, there is little ethnic tension in the area and most people get on well with each other. Our little cul-de-sac on a council estate is fairly typical. Of the 8 houses in the road, there are 3 white British families (all elderly), 1 Pakistani family, 1 Sikh family, 1 Afghan family, 1 Nigerian family and 1 white traveller family.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I think we are mostly white Christian . Although I'm noticing more cultures now . Being a small seaside town I guess not too many cultures will come to live as wages are minimum pay mostly .

Can I ask a question of you all ,. Do you find that those of different cultures intricate with you or do they stay within their own community .
Integrate? I suppose I'm more likely to integrate with a European or an Aussie or even a black West Indian than I am with an African, Indian or Middle Eastern as their customs/cultures are more distant, having said that, most of them were born here, grew up with white kids and are in many ways as English as the rest of us.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 01:00 PM

There are 260 (ish) properties in our section of the village and as far as i'm aware, there are two very pleasant Asian families who own about 6% of the properties, not sure what that represents as a demographic.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 01:18 PM

It's not multi at all. There's a couple of Chinese Families who run the local Chippy/takeaways but that's it. All the rest of us are white and mostly Scots, a few English accents around but not many..
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 01:28 PM

Difficult to say in my area. Due to many small towns and cities both East and West.
Immediate area is mainly white and I would not say Christian, because most of the indigenous population of this country are no longer Christian even though they put it on their census forms.
We do have Syrians, Iraqis , Jews , Greeks and Polish in surrounding areas but also Indians and Filipinos due to the number of hospitals.
In the nearest city there are all nationalities, Somalian ,Ethiopian etc. and there are large populations of Chinese, Jamaican and descendants of , as being a port, those communities are well established , they don't cause any problems, and never have.
One big happy family ! We live together and treat each other with the respect that is deserved to each and everyone.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top