Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:19 PM

Re: Donald Trump - Friend of the Jews??

She converted to Judaism Tabby ... when she met her husband to be Jared Kushner I believe, so she converted to the religion.
That's why some media outlets describe her as the first Jew in the White House... unless of course, they mean her husband has inveigled his way in.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
She's a `Shiksa` - a woman who converts to Judaism when they marry a Jewish man. In this case, Ivanka married Jared Kushner.
Snap!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
She converted to Judaism in order to marry her husband.
She did not have to become a Jew to marry him.

BUT

I think for a child to be Jewish their Mother has to be a Jew as the faith is passed down threw the female line.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 09:20 PM

Thank you Judd and Muddy - I did not know that.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 11:34 PM

I understand that if a non Jewish woman marries a Jewish man, their children cannot be Jewish, because Jewish law is passed down through the mother.

That I can understand, as in times long ago it would have made sure the survival of the Jewish nation.

I suppose Jarred must have insisted , but I can't see how a conversion to Judaism from Gentile can make the children Jewish. Surely the bloodline must have something to do with it.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:05 AM

With friends like him who needs enemies?
Their moral values must be at an all time low in the USA if they are happy with him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I understand that if a non Jewish woman marries a Jewish man, their children cannot be Jewish, because Jewish law is passed down through the mother.

That I can understand, as in times long ago it would have made sure the survival of the Jewish nation.

I suppose Jarred must have insisted , but I can't see how a conversion to Judaism from Gentile can make the children Jewish. Surely the bloodline must have something to do with it.
Does blood have a religion ?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
With friends like him who needs enemies?
Their moral values must be at an all time low in the USA if they are happy with him.
Think taking the topic title into effect...the Jews have a lot more friends in the whole of America and the rest of the world.

If you think that because of the Trump Admin that America is sinking to 1933 levels of Germany you are wrong.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Does blood have a religion ?
No, so that's the reason I mentioned it. Genetics must play a part, as why would DNA testing be used for Israeli Law of Return , to Israel ?

Some say they do and others say they don't, but why would it be even a thought of the idea if there was no connection to genetics ?

https://academic.oup.com/jlb/article/2/2/469/826237
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Trump is no friend to anyone that doesn't make him richer. Just look at how many friends he has shaken off since becoming president. Initially he had them all around him working in government positions, that didn't last long.

He also doesn't seem that keen on anyone different which seems odd to me looking at his orange skin and odd hair, there can't be many people like him for him to like.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top