Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Fireworks

If you think fireworks should be for Licensed Displays Only

you can sign this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petit...RVkxdcn5x06SPo

I've had enough of them tonight , just kids being nuisances.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:50 PM

Re: Fireworks

Consider it done I'll pass it on too so many people want this to happen.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:10 PM

Well done, Julie.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:14 PM

They're all we pyromaniacs have left.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:26 PM

I saw this on the news tonight, about pet owners trying to only get fireworks sold for organised displays only.

Some twit was saying they make fireworks much quieter than they were 10 years ago. Well he wants to get himself over here tomorrow night then!

There is a huge organised display here every year, and the noise is horrendous for about an hour or more.

Everyone's car is covered in thick grey dust the next morning, there are spent fireworks laying in everyone's gardens and that is as well as the noise.

I admit some of the pretty ones are lovely to see in the night sky, but I do not like the loud bangs at all.

My oldest dog who died a couple of years back, used to really worry me, I thought she would have a heart attack some years. She was terrified and would hide and shake and tremble till it all finished. It was heartbreaking to see.

The younger ones I've got now take it better, as long as I stay with them and turn the telly up louder than I would normally have it.

The birds in the trees that have gone to roost for the night get very startled though. They try to fly off but it is too dark for them to see to settle elsewhere.

So even organised displays cause distress to the animals.

I have signed the petition Puddles.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:29 PM

My cats and my little Westie friend have been scared witless most of this week by idiots who, obviously, have more money than sense. From a noise point of view it has been like living in a war zone.

If fireworks were limited to organised displays - preferably away from houses - we could prepare for it - but these days they set loud bangers off at any old time. The cost of fireworks now is so high it must be just like burning money!

No doubt there will bonfires and fireworks this weekend - then next week it is Diwali, so even more fireworks.

Does no-one care about the animals anymore?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 11:33 PM

Ours doesn't like them either. If I'm out walking and one goes off he flops to the ground. If I keep going he will follow me but I don't like to make him so we just go back home and he lies quietly under my desk.

He is a rescue so we don't know what happened in the first year of his life before we got him.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

03-11-2018, 12:04 AM

Tonight, near to where I live it was continuous for almost 2 hrs of the things going off. Loud banging sky rockets.
I couldn't make out exactly where they came from, but they were definitely behind some houses that back onto fields with horses in.
One old guy was walking his dog when some went off and the dog nearly took him off his feet.

As Mups says, not only, but also the birds and the cats.

Fireworks allowed at any old time is too bad when nobody to prepared.

Thanks for signing.... not that it's my petition, but it all helps the cause.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:05 AM

Done it, just waiting for the email.
I hate that they are on sale to the general public still. Organised firework displays only. I just hope the petition works.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:06 AM

Done of course.
Same here tonight.
I like fireworks, but only when they do them at sea, they do that here in the summer.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top