Join for free
Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 12:41 PM

Re: Fireworks

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
People should keep their pets indoors if they don't like fireworks, end of story.
People do keep their pets in doors and horses in the fields prepared and protected. However, from October to January there are no signs up in the clouds telling us that tonight, Wednesday the 21 November, Little Jimmy at number 53 is going to have a yobs party and set off a load of exploding fireworks in your vicinity for the next 2 hours, and terrify the life out of your animals !
Julie also raises another point of the impact on ex service men in some cases.

I am no kill joy but would like to see these things licensed and if for a private party, then notifications of such to be placed in the local press for the following week.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
People do keep their pets in doors and horses in the fields prepared and protected. However, from October to January there are no signs up in the clouds telling us that tonight, Wednesday the 21 November, Little Jimmy at number 53 is going to have a yobs party and set off a load of exploding fireworks in your vicinity for the next 2 hours, and terrify the life out of your animals !

I am no kill joy but would like to see these things licensed and if for a private party, then notifications of such to be placed in the local press for the following week.

I would also like to see them licenced for the sake of the human animal.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I would also like to see them licenced for the sake of the human animal.
I bet you were in a real quandary with this thread Tara, whether to disagree with people being concerned about their pets or disagree with loud fireworks. You chose pets.

Can we assume therefore that you like loud fireworks and have no problem with them being let off at all times of day and night?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:17 PM

Just started here, I don't think there'll be many close by, hopefully. I'm keeping my pets in, we haven't been here long enough for them to find their way home if they panic and run off. Where we lived before they didn't seem bothered by the noise at all, but, you can never tell.
Putting a coat or jumper on a dog helps I'm told.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just started here, I don't think there'll be many close by, hopefully. I'm keeping my pets in, we haven't been here long enough for them to find their way home if they panic and run off. Where we lived before they didn't seem bothered by the noise at all, but, you can never tell.
Putting a coat or jumper on a dog helps I'm told.
It's like WW111 here & it's pouring with rain & blowing a gale. Why would you want to let of fireworks in the rain & wind anyway, why let them off at all.,
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:24 PM

Dunno, money to burn perhaps!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Excellent post, Puddle Duck.

At the moment here it is like listen to the blitz - rockets, bangers and lord know what else. Both my cats are safely indoors -but that hasn't stopped one of them shaking with fear at each loud bang - eventually being very sick - and the other one is hiding in the wardrobe.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 09:58 PM

Quite a few going off here tonight. Olivia has been nervous all evening, hiding behind the sofa at one point. Tirzah on the other hand has slept through the lot.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Quite a few going off here tonight. Olivia has been nervous all evening, hiding behind the sofa at one point. Tirzah on the other hand has slept through the lot.
Maddie is frightened of her own shadow Longdogs and once woken up by the noise has wandered around the house in despair trying to find somewhere to hide, but finally found respite on Mrs Foxes lap....

Looks like Mrs Fox will be sleeping on the reclining chair tonight....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

03-11-2018, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Maddie is frightened of her own shadow Longdogs and once woken up by the noise has wandered around the house in despair trying to find somewhere to hide, but finally found respite on Mrs Foxes lap....

Looks like Mrs Fox will be sleeping on the reclining chair tonight....

I have just been kicked off my chair. I made the mistake of getting up to make a cuppa. Still at least she is a bit more relaxed now.

Page 5 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top