Join for free
Page 17 of 43 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: If you could ask god one question

Originally Posted by Realist ->
And yet "they" tell us to stay out of the sun and slap poisonous sun creams on our skin so we don't get cancer and other ailments. The sun IS life indeed. It is a grim world we live in where the "authorities" urge us to keep from getting those vital rays onto our body. Evil people.
If I spend a lot of time in the sun, I get a "good feeling" inside.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nobody invented Electricity Blueberry, Like sunshine, it was there all the time. Many people before Nikola Tesla knew of its existence, but couldn't do anything constructive with it.
Really OG Fox, I didn't realize that. I thought everything was discouvered by someone, like the lightbulb for instance, but then, the more I think about it....the inventor of the lightbulb must have just discouvered how to connect it to electricity...

Gee OG, you have really given me something to think about here, I must do a little research on electricity.....and see what I come up with.....

I love to keep an open mind, listening to people, and then doing a little research on my own.......

We learn and learn and learn some more.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

04-11-2018, 12:47 PM

Apparently the discovery of electricity goes back over 2,000 years....it is too much to read right now, but I will get around to it eventually...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

04-11-2018, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
Forty Two.
Is it the answer? to Life,the Universe and Everything?
Oh I get it Psmith.....I googled it as I know you were saying something here. Is this from the Qur'an?

42 is revealed to be the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Though the author claimed that the number was a joke, chosen arbitrarily, fans have long enjoyed proposing various theories as to why the number 42 was chosen.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The closest thing I can compare God to, is the Sun. Without the sun we would all perish and die. The sun was responsible for creating this world in which we live. It provides us with energy and heat, we can even produce Electricity from it. And Water, in all its various forms are the tools of the trade, sculpturing out the landscape to form its unique shape. So God isn't a person or a thing, its the Sun, the energy that makes us tick.....The Incas worshiped the sun, they knew which side their bread was buttered....
And it has been there all the time......
Good post I have often thought the same thing I love the sun .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
And yet "they" tell us to stay out of the sun and slap poisonous sun creams on our skin so we don't get cancer and other ailments. The sun IS life indeed. It is a grim world we live in where the "authorities" urge us to keep from getting those vital rays onto our body. Evil people.
Too much exposure to sunshine caused me to get skin cancer.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:48 PM

The original post made two days ago, and yet we have 17 pages of responses. That in itself proves that people have an obsession and unanswered questions, but close their ears and minds to anything that might be the truth .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Apparently the discovery of electricity goes back over 2,000 years....it is too much to read right now, but I will get around to it eventually...
Discovered........
The system we mostly use now needed Tesla to make it useful with the alternating current system (AC). It had significant advantages over the direct current {DC) system proposed by others.

That said, advances in technology have brought has brought DC back into play for high voltage transmission to reduce losses.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

04-11-2018, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
The original post made two days ago, and yet we have 17 pages of responses. That in itself proves that people have an obsession and unanswered questions, but close their ears and minds to anything that might be the truth .
OK.
What is the truth?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I noticed that too, threads about God are always huge

Page 17 of 43 « First < 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top