Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 03:55 PM

Re: Windows Snipping Tool not working

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Thanks. I'll try that. The free version!

I've downloaded it and pleased that it works.

Unfortunately, I'm finding it a bit fiddly. To open it: right click\more\run as administrator\Yes\Region

Perhaps there are ways around this. I'll have to explore it.
Once PicPick has started, there should be an icon for it next to the clock. Double-clicking on that should open the PicPick Window and it can be worked with from there. Either that or a single left or right-click on the icon will open up some options. Doing this might be the easiest way to get it to work.

For instance: Single click on the icon, then go to, 'Screen Capture > Region'. Move the mouse to the area of the screen you need to capture, then click and drag the mouse over it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Once PicPick has started, there should be an icon for it next to the clock. Double-clicking on that should open the PicPick Window and it can be worked with from there. Either that or a single left or right-click on the icon will open up some options. Doing this might be the easiest way to get it to work.

For instance: Single click on the icon, then go to, 'Screen Capture > Region'. Move the mouse to the area of the screen you need to capture, then click and drag the mouse over it.
That's great, and much quicker and easier.

I hadn't noticed the pop-up icon next to the clock. I had added the software to start menu which I now see is not the best way to open it.

Thanks very much.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:24 PM

Thanks. I'll try that. The free version!

I've downloaded it and pleased that it works.

Unfortunately, I'm finding it a bit fiddly. To open it: right click\more\run as administrator\Yes\Region

Perhaps there are ways around this. I'll have to explore it.

That's great, and much quicker and easier.

I hadn't noticed the pop-up icon next to the clock. I had added the software to start menu which I now see is not the best way to open it.

Thanks very much.
In my case, PicPick has taken over the PrintScreen key - I just press that and the entire interface appears .....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	pp.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	7916  
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
In my case, PicPick has taken over the PrintScreen key - I just press that and the entire interface appears .....
It has done the same on mine, which will save time, although in my case I have to press FN and Print Screen.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this software as it does so much more than the old Snipping Tool, which I have now deleted from the task bar.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 05:23 PM

It has done the same on mine, which will save time, although in my case I have to press FN and Print Screen.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with this software as it does so much more than the old Snipping Tool, which I have now deleted from the task bar.
It's so good that I wonder why they don't charge for it .....

By default, PicPick loads at Windows start - you might want to change that in File/Options/General .....
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 06:33 PM

I had forgotten about that. If you want to change that behaviour, it can be done in 'Options > Hot Keys'. I've got everything turned to 'None'.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

07-11-2018, 06:55 PM

I had forgotten about that. If you want to change that behaviour, it can be done in 'Options > Hot Keys'. I've got everything turned to 'None'.

Thanks, will do the same ..... the basic PrintScreen is sometimes all I need .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-11-2018, 07:24 PM

By default, PicPick loads at Windows start - you might want to change that in File/Options/General .....
I've had a look and changed that to 'floating widget'. If I find it annoying I'll untick it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-11-2018, 07:26 PM

Mine is still set on default, but if I find it inconvenient I'll do the same.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-11-2018, 07:27 PM

I agree. If necessary, even I might consider paying (a small amount) for it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top