Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Can We Talk About Gangsters?

I would imagine that most areas in the U.K. have gangsters. You probably can name a few gangsters in your area from days gone by.

Some see the famous names like Al Capone, The Krays in a legendary way and flock to see films about them.
When the Kray brothers died, the streets of London were lined with mourners.

Today, l read about the Albanian gangsters in London, flaunting their guns, their wealth and the drugs they sell. (See link below) Why are they still allowed to even stay in this country? Are these gangsters more scarier than the Krays?

I then wondered, if gangsters ruled the areas, would they do a better job than the police? Would there be less crime as even the hardest lout would probably be scared of them!

What are your feelings about gangsters, do they rule? Do you have any experiences or stories to tell about gangsters?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re_article-top
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Re: Can We Talk About Gangsters?

They wouldn't do a better job IMO scaring people and hurting them if they don't behave is not doing better it's just brutalizing them. I know when my boys were young we had quite a fight to keep them out of the gangs here, thankfully they were bright enough to realise they weren't better off joining them and have forged their own way, looking at some of their contemporaries it's sad to see them drugged up and still in those gangs making same mistakes time and again, making themselves unhappy and causing trouble for everyone else.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:28 AM

The only lawless bullies around here Arty are travellers/Gypsies...They write their own rules and the police just ignore them. When my neighbour had his lorry stolen, he discovered it on the local gypsy site and the police would not go there and told him to claim off the insurance. It was later set on fire and was still there as a burnt out hulk when they moved on.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:33 AM

I am so grateful I have never lived in high crime areas where gangsters thrived.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:39 AM

It has been suggested in the past that the Krays prevented the likes of the Italian/Albanian mafia from establishing a presence in London.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:42 AM

AFAIK, there are no gangsters where I live .....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 12:15 PM

Serious issue ! The Albanians seem to fly in and fly out with the cash, from what I can make out and flooding the cities with drugs and arms.

However, it might surprise some that not even taking a taxi is as simple as it seems these days.

It has now been reported that more than 40 Taxis in a particular metropolitan area (including private hire) drivers have tested positive for drugs this year alone. This is a horrendous statistic. It also follows the number of other drivers the police are catching.

In the last 9 days, 9 taxi drivers in this area have been found under the influence. There are also reports that some are doing the deliveries and one case where a driver was seen to be picking up a package.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 02:34 PM

When I was in Bulgaria, it was obvious that it was Mafia run.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Now don't anyone judge me on this please. I wasn't involved in anything mafia related, but I had a girlfriend who had been Johnny Papalia's mistress. She was a dancer at a big hotel in Hamilton (way back when)....Hamilton is the next big city over from me......

Johnny gave her a house in Florida, and I visited her every year for a month, I had a beautiful room, big car that was always filled with gas, I used to love going there, I would arrive and there was always a rose on my pillow.....those where "the days" for me. I was on top of the world for a month each year....

Johnny (Pops) Papalia, one of Canada's most infamous mobsters, was gunned down in broad daylight on May 31, 1997. The 73-year-old was in poor health when he was executed by Ken Murdock, who was later convicted of the crime.

He was shot once in the left side of the head around 1:30 p.m. in the afternoon as he walked through the parking lot of his family's vending machine business, Galaxy Vending, on Railway Street.

Johnny is on the left:

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 02:59 PM

I have no idea whether there are any gangs around here nor not.
I have never seen any obvious evidence of it, it is a fairly quiet area.

I never go into the town at night, so wouldn't see any gangs or fights if they did occur.
I guess the police and the local youngsters might know a lot more than me though, and could maybe tell a different tale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top