Join for free
Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:09 PM

Re: Cold Hard Facts Regarding Brexit.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I disagree. I would like a no-deal, and I'll tell you why.

At present, May is letting the EU dictators know that we are nothing more than a push-over. She is actively encouraging them to treat us like s**t.

I am confident that, if we are fortunate to leave with no deal, either the EU leaders or the EU countries individually will soon come looking to us for a free-trade deal. The French especially come across as full of bluster when they think they're winning but, as in 1940 (cue the usual trolls accusing me of living in the past!) when the tables are turned they quickly give in.

They may be arrogant, but I'm sure they're not stupid.
Hi

A No Deal would mean the UK losing all Trade Deals.

We would be the only major economy not to have any and it would take years to renegotiate new ones.

The EU is not going to break up, so individual EU Countries will not be coming to us for a deal.

We have been offered a simple Trade Deal, good enough for Canada and Japan, we should take it and leave,
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2018, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
The EU is not going to break up
Good luck with that, Italy and Hungary will be next, perhaps even before us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
He seems very sure of that!

I am equally sure that it will. Look back into the history of Europe. Show me one empire that has not broken up and come to an end.

Time will tell.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're really anti British. It doesn't help to promote European unity. You need to take a long hard look at your opinions.
When I point out the advantages of a union, I get moscow on my back, claiming I am an imperialistic spy. The fact that I'm not british, and the brexit has foreseeable consequences for us, and our government is long since taking measures, invites these accusations. You, pointing to the advantages of united trade deals are only called a fool. You may call me a fool, but not a spy.
The poor man of europe has been used on this forum before, by a brit. The growth of UK economy after 1973 is easily checked.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

He seems very sure of that!

I am equally sure that it will. Look back into the history of Europe. Show me one empire that has not broken up and come to an end.

Time will tell.
Time will tell. Considering those who think Brexit will be our downfall, this following article (although long) by George Soros paints a very different picture of the EU.
Understandably, many of the EU Parliamentarians are linked to George Soros, and looks as if he is their backstop , their designer and their saviour, which in all honesty puts a different light on who is the lead part in this show.

He is also part of the 'Best for Britain' campaign ... so there's a lot of pushing and shoving going on to either get us to have another referendum, which I consider would be well and truly fixed someway, or keep going until the final hour when they have some little clause under their belt which will scupper the whole thing.

After reading this, it's going to take years anyway to get the EU back on track if it ever does. It is considered that UK leaving is equivalent to 19 small countries, and there we have the answer.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ge...ope-2018-05-29

and here we have Best For Britain

https://www.bestforbritain.org/about_us

Best for Britain is committed to finding a democratic way to stop Brexit

Best for Britain is a group of campaigners, businesspeople, entrepreneurs and citizens from across our country who have come together with one single mission: to oppose and stop Brexit through a transparent democratic process. Our strategy depends on convincing people – and especially young people – to become actively engaged in the Brexit debate and to mobilise others. We are succeeding, because a growing majority of the country, having discovered what it means in practice, now want to see Brexit stopped. We are connecting people and campaigning organisations across the country to one another and to their MPs, so that their voices will be heard when it comes to the parliamentary vote in the autumn of 2018.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:34 AM

Thus speaks the soothsayer.
You have no idea what will happen next.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
When I point out the advantages of a union, I get moscow on my back, claiming I am an imperialistic spy. The fact that I'm not british, and the brexit has foreseeable consequences for us, and our government is long since taking measures, invites these accusations. You, pointing to the advantages of united trade deals are only called a fool. You may call me a fool, but not a spy.
The poor man of europe has been used on this forum before, by a brit. The growth of UK economy after 1973 is easily checked.
You're not helping anyone. Do you not realise that you're just reinforcing anti EU feelings?

Petty nationalistic stereotypical squabbles are irrelevant if you are interested in working together.

Everyone who has bothered to check can see how much Britain has prospered by EU membership. But some are more attracted to populist propaganda....
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You're not helping anyone. Do you not realise that you're just reinforcing anti EU feelings?

Petty nationalistic stereotypical squabbles are irrelevant if you are interested in working together.

Everyone who has bothered to check can see how much Britain has prospered by EU membership. But some are more attracted to populist propaganda....
I prefer to use the term bullshit from snake oil salesmen.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I prefer to use the term bullshit from snake oil salesmen.
As history has proved, people believe what they want to believe....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2018, 05:28 AM

Hi

They will not be leaving before the UK, simple timescale involved,

Both have categorically stated that they are not leaving.

Italy in particular has been very blunt, they are simply going to ignore the rules until they are changed.

They have made a very valid point, both France and Germany have broken and are still breaking Eurozone rules, so what is the EU going to do, boot them out as well?

Page 4 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top