Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Re: Which Party Will Win the next UK Election?

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The electorate, when asked, like many Labour's policies. The Tories are an utter shambles. Yet they poll well and are said, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, to be the best party for managing the economy well. Which suggests Goebbels style propaganda is very effective and the fact that most newspapers are Tory propaganda sheets is having an effect. As is the bias in other media, like the clear Tory bias in the BBC news nowadays
So, wins the next election? It should be Labour but I think another hung parliament, one way or the other is the most likely outcome.
I agree I saw a test where they put labour policies and things corbyn had said to a blind panel and they overwhelmingly agreed with them. Until told it was labour and corbyn. Puzzles me still why they can't see they are not voting for the people they actually agree with ..
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The electorate, when asked, like many Labour's policies. The Tories are an utter shambles. Yet they poll well and are said, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, to be the best party for managing the economy well. Which suggests Goebbels style propaganda is very effective and the fact that most newspapers are Tory propaganda sheets is having an effect. As is the bias in other media, like the clear Tory bias in the BBC news nowadays
So, wins the next election? It should be Labour but I think another hung parliament, one way or the other is the most likely outcome.
Tory bias? How far to the left are you when you see blatant left-wing allegiance as Tory Bias?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree I saw a test where they put labour policies and things corbyn had said to a blind panel and they overwhelmingly agreed with them. Until told it was labour and corbyn. Puzzles me still why they can't see they are not voting for the people they actually agree with ..
The blind leading the blind then.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Tory bias? How far to the left are you when you see blatant left-wing allegiance as Tory Bias?
I wondered that too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 01:50 PM

BBC is an odd bod really if you are left you see right bias if you are right you see left bias, I think it must depend what programmes you actually watch and the entire entity is probably really in the middle.

I've known people say LBC is brexit but several presenters I can no longer listen to as they are so remain it's painful.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Of course they did. Compo is a very clever chap. He promises everything that people want.

But do you really think that he can ever deliver any of those things? The truth is, despite his claims, that he doesn't really have a magic money tree.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 09:03 PM

Mad Hatters Tea Party
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Look at Laura Kuennsberg's interviewing of Tories vs her interviewing of Labour. Look at the imbalance on every Question Time panel. Look at Andrew Neill. Look at the BBC's referring to shadowy right wing lobby groups as perfectly valid think tanks.
The mistake the hard of thinking right makes is that when the BBC does report from, the centre, for balance (an increasingly rare event), it appears to be biased from any extreme position.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top