Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:13 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

When you did a bit of splitting-em-ness
Frighten everybody shitless.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Good Morning Spitty I thought we had lost you. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 02:09 PM

how can we loose spittie he's attached to a pnuematic drill and can't let go!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 08:26 PM

Have you ever had one of those days?
You get up in the morning as usual, yet it is as if you are doomed.
The heating plays up, the bath overflows, I am late taking my boy to college.
I need to write a shopping list, the phone rings, I lose my train of thought.
I eventually get to the car park and have no change!!!
I start shopping, and I realize I have left my list at home by the phone.
I buy something for the evening meal, forgetting that they won't deliver until 7-9PM!!!
It has been one of those days!!!!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
how can we loose spittie he's attached to a pnuematic drill and can't let go!!
The return of Spitty and his amazing tecnicolour pnuematic drill, I think the drilling part of the project is well and truely over by now Gummy, plastering in progress at the moment I'd imagine.

Yes I know what you mean Sweetie, I think we get days like that to test how we can take all the shit that life can throw at us when it’s in a mischievous mood.
The wife and daughter were out today doing a bit of shopping, funny thing, when she goes out the phone never stops ringing with people wanting to talk to her, usually other women who love talking, I never answer it, some of them auld biddies would keep you yappin all day about nothing.
Then the hall door bell starts ringing with people collecting for this and that, and the odd politician telling you how honest and truthful he’s going to be if you remember him in the election, God they really do have brass necks.
Miserable old day here, days like that always remind me of being bored to death on Winter Sunday afternoons back in the 50's.

It’s pelting rain in old Dublin Town
As the Dog sits close to the fire
I’m on my own, no one’s around
While I listen to the Luton Girls Choir.

Hark, is that a rap on the door?
I wonder who it could be
Oliver Twist I reckon, looking for more
So I donate him one and three.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-11-2018, 09:50 PM

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 10:22 PM

All this returning and coming and going got me thinking deeply so I posed a question to the chairman of our newly formed strange phenomena association, we welcome all theories from all members and give each theory exclusive covering at each meeting. Formed last year it’s called the “New Universe Travellers Society” or N.U.T.S for short.
My question was “Do we still use the same water that was on the Earth since the World was created?”
Well we happened to be in a pub in Wexford at the time of the meeting (we always meet in pubs, far more relaxing atmosphere)
After a few pints, the group of us were discussing this same recycled water thing, when one of our company decided to try the landlords home brewed ale that was on special offer, he ordered a pint of it, he took one sip of the ale and spat it out “”My God! that’s p..s!” says he “Ah yes, but who’s?, that is the big question” says the chairman.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 12:05 AM

Brilliant Jem
I was very interested why the small castle at Christchurch had this piece, that jutted out over the river below.
I was fortunate to meet the local historian, that explained that it was the toilet.
Now I know that way back most people living there drank alcohol.
I also know the nearest fresh water was at a place called Purewell.
This is a true story.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2018, 12:17 AM

Good Night Possums. X
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh, I love this video Spit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top