Join for free
Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:37 PM

Re: Cold Hard Facts Regarding Brexit.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think what will happen is that we will end up accepting it. How different is this to Switzerland and Norway?
Not. But it is not the brexit we were promised.😂
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There will be a mini rebellion but the rest will step aside and watch the rebels fall to oblivion.

It's like being in the EU without all the stuff we didn't like. So I reckon we can cap immigrants, we can keep reciprocal healthcare and protect EU workers who are already here, we can put conditions on new EU workers and citizens, for example we don't have to accept their families, we can travel visa free, we can keep cheap food imports and medical supplies flowing freely, we protect businesses that are reliant on EU imports/exports. We maintain prosperity.

Who was ever going to be happy with any deal?
Like to have your mediaton capabilities!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2018, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
With the proposed deal you buy 2 maybe 3 years. The actual trade relationship can be arranged during this period. But the contours are already visible. As it seems, you will at best have the benefits of the EU, and no say in the decisions you nevertheless have to implement. Bad deal, but no deal is still worse.
We never had a say as a full member.

Our instincts were always different to the EU's and so we were always swamped by the Franco-German domination of the EU.

Bad deal but probably better to settle on this than no deal for want a quiet life, lol!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:13 AM

I can see that knife crime will be increasing as seventeen million Leave voters get stabbed in the back
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I can see that knife crime will be increasing as seventeen million Leave voters get stabbed in the back
As opposed to 16 million stay voters who have been shit upon?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
As opposed to 16 million stay voters who have been shit upon?
No...........33 million voters have been shit upon, only 17.4 million have been stabbed in the back!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 09:14 AM

It's a case of be careful what you wish for. I cannot see Tories voting against May and letting Corbyn in. The remain mps will try to rejoin or press for a new referendum, the leave mps will continue to push for a no deal. The DUP will kick up the biggest fuss.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:17 AM

I have yet to hear details of her 'plan' - a simple list of what we shall gain and what we shall give away in return.

I don't think anyone has published a clear list as yet, but I'm still looking.

Only then will I be able to decide whether I support it or reject it, though I suspect it will be the latter.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:20 AM

Several MPs and cabinet ministers have resigned so far. I'd hazard a guess you would be among them JRB and not be supporting it either. Its a very bad sign when the brexit minister hates it.
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have yet to hear details of her 'plan' - a simple list of what we shall gain and what we shall give away in return.

I don't think anyone has published a clear list as yet, but I'm still looking.

Only then will I be able to decide whether I support it or reject it, though I suspect it will be the latter.
Here you are .....

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6424_en.htm

Page 8 of 13 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top